ad: wmr-1

Re: FCC at work?

Discussion in 'Ham Radio Discussions' started by KB7GJY, Jan 20, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Subscribe
ad: Left-3
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-2
ad: K5AB-Elect-1
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
  1. KB7GJY

KB7GJY Ham Member QRZ Page

Yeah, you are right.. one guy.. Guess we should just say don't worry about it.. we want 10,000 fines in the same day.. Give the guy back his money.. let him do whatever.. It isn't on 10 or 12 meters.. so we should let him go.. Thoughs are the only bands that matter right? If it was a guy on 10 or 12 then others would complain about others on other bands.. Again it just goes to show, you can't make everyone happy all the time.

I look at it like this. It is at least a step in the right direction. maybe just maybe they want to make sure the cases stick in court. I am so tired of people complaining about little being done. What people need to realize is you have to make a case that will stick. otherwise they will have the same problem as a ham would to go to a persons house and say "you operating illegaly, pay me $50.00, and when they tell you to scew off, you sit there and ask again when you catch them".

Some seem to think it is so easy to catch people on 10 and 12 meters. Realize that most of the people that are breaking the law are running mobile, which anyone that has done DF work knows that it is far from easy to track down a mobile signal. Yes, I do know many are also at their homes doing the same thing, but it is a little more difficult to track down a source they I would imagine.

Sorry if I sounded like a smart a$$ but atleast think it is better then no enforcement what so ever..

Allen -------- KB7GJY ------------- Spokane, Washington

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.