Re: FCC at work?

Discussion in 'Ham Radio Discussions' started by ka8jhm, Jan 20, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: L-MFJ
ad: K5AB-Elect-1
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: Left-2
ad: Subscribe
ad: Left-3
  1. ka8jhm

ka8jhm Ham Member QRZ Page

I don't think anyone is expecting the FCC to act on every complaint at once, but, I for one have been writing the FCC for over four years now trying to get the truckers off the ten meter band. They, the truckers now own the band in my area, and we, the licensed operators are interfering with their " channels. I have sent the so-called " required tapes" complete with their filthy garbage mouthed language to Mr. Hollingworth, and to one Ms. Constance D. Rodgers in Farmington Hills,Mi. Not even a reply.
    In my humble opinion the FCC sucks, just another bunch of government parasites.
    It wasn't but just a few years ago that the Coast Guard was working in conjunction with the FCC to issue citations to boaters that did not display a current license for the ship to shore marine radios. That was the same year they tripled the cost of same, so it looks like if there is not money involved, we are helpless and are going to get no protection of our frequency allocations from the FCC. Or maybe, the trucking industry is too powerful for them to fool with. In any event, our ten meter band is all but lost to these damn CBrs.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.