ad: k1jek

Re: Alinco DX-70T

Discussion in 'Ham Radio Discussions' started by Guest, Jan 18, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-2
ad: Subscribe
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: Left-3
  1. Guest

Guest Guest

I have a DX-70TH & it is a very good radio for the money. 100W on 6 rocks! The only thing I wish it had was more receive audio. Other than that, no problems or regrets.
    There is something very flaky about RS's relationship with Alinco. Case in point is several months back, I had ordered 4 DR-610T's through their B2B Commercial sales division. After accepting the order, I received a call 10 days later saying they could not fill my order. When asked why, they stated that the radio "was no longer available because they were discontinued". This is an out & out lie, the radio was still available & I confirmed this with Alinco. They lost my order & any further purchases. While I am not sure if it was my sales representitve or a company snafu, this was around the same time that Radio Shack B2B started to handle Icom products. Not sure if it was related but I have a suspicion the events are somehow related.

I have never placed another B2B order with them since this happened. The rep has since left.

RM

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.