ad: ProAudio-1

Raymond Rothstein, AA2WC

Discussion in 'Silent Keys / Friends Remembered' started by K2CD, Dec 20, 2017.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: abrind-2
ad: Left-2
ad: Left-3
ad: Radclub22-2
ad: L-MFJ
  1. K2CD

K2CD Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

aa2wc.jpg

November 29, 1952 - December 17, 2017

Port Jervis, NY

Raymond M. Rothstein, 65, of Port Jervis, NY passed away December 17, 2017 at his home. He was born on November 29, 1952 in Brooklyn, NY the son of Nathan and Jacqueline Roth Rothstein.

Raymond worked as a maintenance mechanic at C & D Battery in Huguenot and later he retired from Wickham Products in Huguenot. Raymond (AA2WC) was a member of the Amateur Ham Radio Operators, 14.240 DX, World Group.

He married Cheryl Dietz Rothstein who survives at home. He is also survived by his five daughters, Denise Eyth and her husband, Ronnie of Port Jervis, Sherri McKinley and her companion, John Shook of Shohola, PA, Tara Lyn Rothstein of Port Jervis, Karissa L. Rothstein of Matamoras, PA, Tania Ranich and her husband, Lincoln of Sparrowbush, his son, Jon T. Kaufman and his wife, Tonya of Greeley, PA, his brother, Richard L. Rothstein of Peru, NY, 12 grandchildren, several nieces and nephews. He was pre-deceased by his granddaughter, Tristyn Ranich.

Raymond was a devoted husband, father and grandfather. He would like his family and friends to continue to celebrate his life and not mourn his death.

Visitation will be held 2 to 5 p.m. Thursday, December 21st at the Knight-Auchmoody Funeral Home, 154 E. Main St., Port Jervis, NY. Funeral services will be held at 4 p.m. Thursday at the funeral home. Rev. Cyril Owambo will officiate. Interment will take place 10:30 AM Friday, December 22 at Pine Hill Cemetery, Sparrowbush, NY. Memorial contributions may be made in Raymond’s and Tristyn’s memory to Friends of Karen, 118 Titicus Rd., North Salem, NY 10560. Arrangements are by the Knight-Auchmoody Funeral Home, 154 E. Main St., Port Jervis, NY. For information, directions or to send a condolence note to the family visit knight-auchmoody.com.

As reported in the Times Herald Record Dec 19, 2017 2:00 AM.

2. K2HAT

K2HAT Premium Subscriber Volunteer Moderator Volunteer DX Helper QRZ Page

My Condolences.

I have marked the AA2WC QRZ page as Silent Key, and forwarded the sad news to the ARRL.

3. AC5O

AC5O Ham Member QRZ Page

R.I.P Ray. We will chat on the 14.240 DX group again in heaven. My condolences to Cheryl and all of his family.
    AC5O Jeff

4. N0UN

N0UN Ham Member QRZ Page

Ray Ray...

5. DJ0AJ

DJ0AJ Ham Member QRZ Page

hallo AA2WC mein herzliche beileit vy73 DJOAJ ekrem