Ranger RCI 5054Dx

Discussion in 'Radio Circuits, Repair & Performance' started by W3TEZ, Dec 6, 2018.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: Left-2
ad: Left-3
ad: L-MFJ
ad: l-assoc
ad: Subscribe
  1. W3TEZ

W3TEZ Ham Member QRZ Page

I’m looking for a “service manual” not the owners manual for the 5054dx non 100 version. I’ve acquired one real cheap on eBay in mint condition and it works “pretty good” but has a few minor quirks that need some straightening out. It needs an alignment on the pll carrier oscillator cans because for example if you want to talk on 50.200 usb you have to set the vfo to 50.199.8 to be right on with the station you’re communicating with. It needs a receiver alignment that I can do without the service paperwork, but I need the pll and transmitter alignment procedures so I can properly set the frequencies on the carrier oscillator cans. I do know how to do the modification to make the clarifier/RIT control transmit and receive track together but that still don’t do me any good when i don’t have the alignment procedures from a service manual.

I’ve looked all over the place for documentation on this unit. Google, mods.dk, cbtricks.com I’ve even contacted radio shop supply.com and got nothing. The only thing left is to try and contact the manufacturer but I doubt that will do me any good.

2. WB2WIK

WB2WIK Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

3. W3TEZ

W3TEZ Ham Member QRZ Page

I was just on that webpage I emailed and called that number and got nothing sadly, maybe it will just end up back on eBay and go after something else for 6 meters where there is a a service manual with alignment procedures and parts available, unless someone on these forums does tech work and has documentation on these radios I’ll gladly box up and send it to someone who can shed light on this unit.

4. WB2WIK

WB2WIK Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

I see according to RCI, they do have a service manual for the 5054DX and it has a part number, which I guess means they sell it:

Do you have manuals for all radios?

• All owners/operators manuals are available from Ranger. Complete service manuals are available for the following products:

• Amateur Radio
    • RCI-2950/2970 Series of Amateur Radios - Part # DOC-3120-F91
    • RCI-2950DX/2970DX Series of Amateur Radios - Part # AT2950040A
    • RCI-2980/2990 Series of Amateur Radios - Part # DOC-3120-F91 + Schematic for 2980/2990
    • RCI-2985DX/2995DX Series of Amateur Radios - Part # AT299504A
    • RCI-5054DX/5054DX-100 Series of Amateur Radios - Part # AT5054040A
    • RCI-6300 Series of Amateur Radios (FHP & FTB ) - Part # DOC-6300-500
    • RCI-6900 Series of Amateur Radios (FHP & FTB ) - Part # DOC-6900-500