Rallies, clubs & events you have attended

Discussion in 'The YL Zone' started by MI0YLT, Oct 30, 2016.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: Left-2
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Subscribe
ad: Left-3
  1. MI0YLT

MI0YLT Ham Member QRZ Page

Thought it might be nice to see in pictures the rallies, clubs and events from different places around the world that us YL's have attended and hear what they were like.

N6QIC likes this.
  2. F4WBW

F4WBW Ham Member QRZ Page

Well, I can tell you that the recent International YL Conference hosted by BYLARA was a fun time for all. We had something like 40 participants from 9 or 10 different countries. Visited Bletchley Park (super interesting place), Woburn Abbey and Gardens (including a cream tea) and then spent Saturday and Sunday at the RSGB Conference, which had some really interesting presentations. I was especially impressed by the one on how they used the contacts with the ISS and the British astronaut to encourage students to get involved in STEM subjects - but there were lots of great topics and excellent presentations. Thank you to BYLARA and the organizing team for a wonderful event!

MI0YLT and W5MQC like this.
  3. 2I0GYL

2I0GYL Ham Member QRZ Page

Heres some pics from Antrim Amateur Radio Clubs field day and barbecue last year 2016, me and my sister Summer went to on the shores of lough Neagh at Antrim boat club.
    It was interesting and fun, the burgers were good too.
    161.jpg
    Me, Grace checking out an antenna at Antrim radio clubs field day

157.jpg
    Summer on the radio

156.jpg
    still on the radio
    153.jpg

Barbecue, the burgers were very niceeee

143.jpg

finally got the radio lol

N6QIC likes this.
  4. MI0YLT

MI0YLT Ham Member QRZ Page

image.jpg
    We are in Florida at the minute and we visited D.E.A.R.S Disney emergency amateur radio service held in the all star resort Disney casting services building we were made to feel very welcome and really enjoyed it, Grace won an ARRL handbook, we also got tshirts, and DEARS mugs and we got pens from the sheriffs that we're giving a talk to the club members, the cartoons were good too
    Thanks to all the members

N6QIC likes this.