Radios in the movies

Discussion in 'Ham Radio Discussions' started by K0OKS, May 14, 2019.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-2
ad: Subscribe
ad: Left-3
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
  1. KB2FCV

KB2FCV Ham Member QRZ Page

We are a very small percentage of people who could pick these sort of things out or care about them. I know another one that gets people is the NCIS episode that "featured" ham radio.

2. N4GKS

N4GKS Ham Member QRZ Page

The “Die Hard” movies had the worst radio gaffes I’ve ever seen. The Kenwood handheld used in the first movie was a CB, police radio and all around private terrorist communications. Even the limo had one. Silly.

3. WB2WIK

WB2WIK Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Someone involved in the production was likely a ham.

Yeah, I thought it was pretty nutty but I'm sure 99%+ who watched the film never noticed any of that.

4. K1SZO

K1SZO XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Who needs a ham radio when you can have a shoe phone? :eek:

N0TZU, AC8UN, WZ7U and 1 other person like this.
  5. W7UUU

W7UUU QRZ Lifetime Member #133 Administrator Volunteer Moderator Platinum Subscriber Life Member QRZ Page

6. W7CJD

W7CJD Ham Member QRZ Page

WJ0TX likes this.
  7. KK5JY

KK5JY Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

8. W7UUU

W7UUU QRZ Lifetime Member #133 Administrator Volunteer Moderator Platinum Subscriber Life Member QRZ Page

I really have no idea what that means.... can you elaborate what I'm supposed to take from that?

Dave
    W7UUU

9. KK5JY

KK5JY Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

I rest my case. :(

WZ7U likes this.
  10. W7UUU

You've really lost me. What did I say/do? What does Jim have ANYTHING to do with this?

My comment related to the great many movies with "ham radio" in them where the Morse doesn't match what I hear vs. what they "say it means", they call CQ all wrong, they don't ID in accepted ways, receivers are transmitters, and transmitters are receivers, etc. etc. etc.

What in the heck does any of that do with another member here? These are MY comments - if Jim said something similar at one time I'm utterly not aware of it and has NOTHING WHATSOEVER to do with my post. Do you have a beef with Jim? Then why respond to MY post?

Where and why do you bring this up? I just don't get it

Geez

Dave
    W7UUU