Radio-Mart, Martyn Allison, another horror story

Discussion in 'Ham to Ham References' started by W3BJ, Nov 9, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: Left-2
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-3
ad: Subscribe
  1. WA1KBQ

WA1KBQ Ham Member QRZ Page

Martyn Allison; AKA: radio-mart & gottahaveit1995

WARNING: EXTREMELY DANGEROUS SELLER ALERT!

This is an extremely dangerous eBay seller. Martyn Allison, also known as radio-mart, usually bids on eBay listings with gottahaveit1995 and relists his winnings at radio-mart. Allison preys on the thousands of unsuspecting bidders who are naive enough to believe his trumped up embellished descriptions. Allison uses gottahaveit1995 to troll for items that have defects honestly disclosed by ethical sellers because he knows he will usually get them at a bargain. He then hides the defects and embellishes the item by stating it is from his personal collection, was on display in his museum or it is "new in the box" or never used, etc. Additionally he will reship it to you in the same packaging he received it from his seller which is a made to order arrangement for someone who preys on the unsuspecting.

Martyn Allison, aka radio-mart also runs auctions with blocked bidder identities. He states in his descriptions it is to protect his bidders but this is a ploy to hide the truth. The real reason anyone would do this is to inflate the bid with phony shill bidding using other ID's. Unsuspecting real bidders can't tell if they are bidding against other bidders or the seller himself!

Anyone can register and acquire any number of multiple user ID's desired. One is only limited by the number of email addresses one has or can get. Need 6 or 7 eBay user ID's? No problem; just get several hotmail or yahoo email addresses and you are in business. Then run private auctions so no one can tell who is doing the bidding and bid away whenever you want on your own auctions. Not happy with the bids on you have received so far? No problem, with multiple ID's you can make the price your customers pay whatever you want.

Last edited: Nov 26, 2008
  2. K5XIT

K5XIT Ham Member QRZ Page

If you are able to leave negative feed back he will send bad feed back about you. It is best to just avoid this guy. He always forgets to "mention" things.

3. K7ZSK

K7ZSK Ham Member QRZ Page

Martyn Allison-Radio-Mart

I guess I was one of the fortunate ones. I purchased a fairly rare Ten tec Delta II w/ all the standard accessories and the manual in a notebook in perfect shape and the radio works perfect. Purchased some accessories for other radios and they were as described, ie, if they were not working or dented/scratched, he said so. 73 John K7ZSK

4. K9XR

K9XR Ham Member QRZ Page

With the new ebay rules, he can't give a buyer who pays timely negative feedback.

I think he may be getting out of the business. He hasn't bought any ham gear for a while and the stuff he is selling seems to be a lot of low dollar stuff.Some of his stuff has been going pretty cheap lately. Maybe the shill bidders are dead?

5. W2EVU

W2EVU XML Subscriber QRZ Page

radiomart

I haave lwarned my lesson and no longer use Ebay to buy anything.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.