Radio-Mart, Martyn Allison, another horror story

Discussion in 'Ham to Ham References' started by W3BJ, Nov 9, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-3
ad: Left-2
ad: Subscribe
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
  1. N6EAG

N6EAG Ham Member QRZ Page

What is Radio Marts current address?

I would suggest that you file a complaint with the authorities listed at the beginning of this forum.

2. WY4J

WY4J Ham Member QRZ Page

First of all, you have to have a screw loose to buy anything except some very cheap trinket from anyone on Ebay. Everyone know that the best way to clean out your broken down junk is to sell it on Ebay. Most items are overpriced. The bidders are just a bunch total idiots that will pay outrageous prices. A few times I tried bidding on an Icom SM8 microphone but they all sold for more or almost the same as a brand new one. The only item that I have ever been able to purchase on Ebay has been an Icom USB CI-V interface cable and this one sells outright for a dollar with $11 shipping. For $12 it beats building your own from scratch. If you think Ebay or PayPal will help you out; I have this old bridge in NYC I like to sell you.

3. W3BJ

W3BJ Ham Member QRZ Page

Radio-Mart

Your exactly right. This is the first time I purchased a HF radio on Ebay. Most the time, QTH or QRZ or I buy locally. I just didnt bother to check the internet. There are about 2000 bad stories about this man all over. Anyway, I have a nice 940 now. I just had to repair it. Like it should have been in the first place. If he had listed it as needing work, I wouldnt have minded half as bad. Ebay is just as bad, blocking me out from leaving feedback. It was packed terrible. Missing the power cord, and manual. Wrapped in a bunch of rags and vacuum dust. The box had been used to bring food to the Pilgrims at Plymouth Rock.

Last edited: Nov 11, 2008
  4. wa2rqy

wa2rqy Ham Member QRZ Page

I never heard of such a thing:confused:
    Possible you did'nt sign in or something you were doing wrong like pass the time limit:eek:
    Rich

5. W2VW

W2VW Ham Member QRZ Page

Thanks for doing your part to bring this bad transaction to light.

Watch the next victims coming to a message board near you.

6. N1AMF

N1AMF Ham Member QRZ Page

7. KT4W

KT4W Ham Member QRZ Page

I watched transceiver listings on Ebay for about 6 weeks. Radio Mart sell anywhere from $20,000 to $30,000 on Ebay every weekend. Anything that appeared to be decent shape went for about $100 less than something comparable brand new. Why take the chance for that little bit. I don't understand how so many radios don't have mikes furnished with them and likewise no power cords. They must go to mike heaven. How can they say "works like it should" (what does that mean) and not be able to furnish a mike and power cord with it. "That's the same as, the checks in the mail" HOW DID THEY CHECK IT OUT??????? There are a few honest descriptions and sellers out there but how do you know. My son was high bid for a HF rig, a 2 meter rig and power supply but the seller never shipped. He lost $178 over the buyer protection which was $200 at the time. He did a criminal check and found the guy to have a rap sheet 20 pages long (he can do that as he hires and fires people). He then filed a claim with the FBI since he knew the guys name and address as well as his girlfirends name. Then after that the guy got a new Ebay name and relisted the same thing again which was immediately removed when my son notified Ebay about it.

Last edited: Nov 12, 2008
  8. W3BJ

W3BJ Ham Member QRZ Page

radio-Mart

His feedback is 14,000 long!! All just about positive. I tried to leave a negative comment and got blocked out. I bought a cable for a Kenwood from somebody else ansd was able to leave positive feedback. Why cant I leave negative. Ebay said i was doing something wrong, but the positive on another Ham went through fine. I am through with Ebay on this one. I have had but a few deALS on Ebay anyway, but this one takes the cake. I still say and will until I go to the grave, thaty they protect him and his 20,000 dollars worth of sales. He is a gold mine for Ebay and their percentage. I found blogs on the computer from 2004 on this dude. I just wish I had checked before hand. the radio turned out nice, but I had to have it repaired. He wanted to ship me another one, at my expense, and ship mine back to him, at my expense. All Fedex needs a couple hundred like him and they can lend AIG some money.

9. KB9VRP

KB9VRP Guest

Wow, I almost bid on a couple rigs he had on ebay during impulsive shopping binges.I've got about a dozen positive feedbacks as a buyer on ebay and I recently complained to ebay about their stupid policy changes.I felt that truthful feedback should be left for all parties since when I started doing business that stupid "Gold Star" was a way of showing a buyer was respectable.Not only did they change their policy when I assumed I had started to gain a good reputation because of how I handled my business,Now I have my suspicions confirmed about ebays willingness to protect a shady pr%*k as long as they make money off them.All in all I broke even or came out slightly ahead if I don't count overcharges for S&H. I might quit before I run into one of ebays "pet" scamsters after some of the BS they allow to go on.

10. KA8RAW

KA8RAW Ham Member QRZ Page

How does one do a search for a specific seller on EBAY? Also, is there a list that I can add preferred as well as sellers to avoid?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.