ad: k1jek

Radio hams take part in Day of Science 2019

Discussion in 'Amateur Radio News' started by G4TUT/SK2022, Dec 2, 2019.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-3
ad: Radclub22-2
ad: abrind-2
ad: Left-2
  1. G4TUT/SK2022

G4TUT/SK2022 Ham Member QRZ Page

Radio hams take part in Day of Science 2019

On Sunday, November 24 radio amateurs from across Flanders in Belgium took part in the Day of Science 2019. Some made good use of the RSGB video - Amateur Radio a hobby for the 21st century

A translation of a UBA post reads:

The Flemish government organizes Science Day every year. This year amateurs participated in 5 places: the NBT section was a guest at the MIRA Public Observatory in Grimbergen, HAC at EnergyVille in Genk, MWV and KTK at the Vives Hogeschool in Roeselare, LVN at the KU Leuven and TLS in its own club room.

The NBT (MIRA people's observatory, Grimbergen) reported:

Like every year, our club again took part in the Day of Science in collaboration with the Volks observatory Mira. In total almost 300 visitors came to Grimbergen.

In the workshop "Build your electronic dice", 18 children could gain their first experience with the soldering iron. Some really had a taste for it and came to us right from the workshop of the Leuven section. Everyone went home with a working dice and a big smile.

The giant Tetris caught the attention of young and old. While the little one played the game, more than one parent also went to the back to find out how we made this game. Flickering lights always work!

The station was staffed all day long and contacts were made with both OR and VHF with the OR18NBT call. On the big screen the video of the RSGB played with Dutch subtitles to show all facets of our hobby.

Read all the reports at
    https://tinyurl.com/BelgiumUBA

The RSGB video Amateur Radio a hobby for the 21st century is available at

http://www.southgatearc.org/news/2019/december/radio-hams-take-part-in-day-of-science-2019.htm

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

KA4DPO, KG4BFR, W0PV and 3 others like this.
  2. K8PG

K8PG QRZ Lifetime Member #333 Platinum Subscriber Life Member QRZ Page

Very nice.
    Paul

VE3EEI likes this.
  3. KQ6XA

KQ6XA Ham Member QRZ Page

That is quite a wonderful video.

4. AK3B

AK3B XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Well done. Shared on my FB page.

5. EDGETECH

EDGETECH QRZ Member

Amazing.......

6. KA4DPO

KA4DPO Platinum Subscriber Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

I wish more kids here would build more radio and technology related things. That was why I got into amateur radio in the first place, being able to build, and actually communicate with others on a radio that I built was thrill, and it lead to a wonderful and fulfilling career.

7. W8CI

W8CI QRZ Lifetime Member #85 Platinum Subscriber Life Member QRZ Page

8. W8CI

W8CI QRZ Lifetime Member #85 Platinum Subscriber Life Member QRZ Page

This is a great article, very inspiring! The video is nothing short of amazing and I have been forwarding it on. It seems to be able to cross generations to reach the creative, scientific, citizen scientist!

9. W1YW

W1YW Ham Member QRZ Page

What an amazing video! A MUST view--here it is again:

W0PV likes this.