ad: M2Ant-1

RADIO AMATEUR FATALLY SHOT IN CHICAGO

Discussion in 'Amateur Radio News' started by KB7TBT, Dec 6, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-2
ad: abrind-2
ad: Radclub22-2
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-3
  1. NN6EE

NN6EE Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

2. N7WR

N7WR Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

In some sections of too many big cities human life has no value. It is all about the shooter proving what a Bad A$$ he is. Been going on since I worked the streets of south-central Los Angeles 40 + years ago. And in too many big cities, particularly where politicians and politically correct police (non) leaders are in charge, it is only getting worse. Maybe the new administration in DC will stop funding all the feel good diversity crap that runs rampant in such cities and will actually make putting bad guys, regardless of race or ethnicity, in jail where they belong. But what do I know? I'm old school.

KM1H, WB1E, WB4WHJ and 2 others like this.
  3. W3MMM

W3MMM Ham Member QRZ Page

In a statistical sense, yes. But that fact is merely random here. A bad guy killed a random good guy who happened to be in the wrong place at the wrong time. Sadly, he would have been killed if he were black, white or polka dotted.

What was the point of your comment? I assume it was to highlight the sadness of this, right?

K1TGX, K3RW, KG5ILR and 1 other person like this.
  4. W2MGF

W2MGF XML Subscriber QRZ Page

WOW MAY HE RIP MY HEART GOES OUT TO THE FAMILY AND FRIENDS 73'S REST EASY

5. W1YW

W1YW Ham Member QRZ Page

Carl,
    Crime has no color.

All lives matter.

K1TGX, AG7BF, K3RW and 1 other person like this.
  6. KM1H

KM1H Ham Member QRZ Page

When I covered that area of Chicago 1970-73 for Illinois Bell Telephone (IBT) and Midway Airport computer systems there were rough places around the projects but there was also a thriving middle class black community extending to the Southwest that was quite friendly to whites.
    I was also there shortly after the riots and the violence against whites was very low compared to the recent years but black on black crime still predominates; that is the real shame.

Last edited: Dec 7, 2016
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.