"Quiet" Henry Amp

Discussion in 'Amateur Radio Amplifiers' started by KD0RUR, Jun 25, 2015.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Subscribe
ad: K5AB-Elect-1
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-3
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: Left-2
  1. AC8AC

AC8AC Ham Member QRZ Page

you have to think some hams will complain if they here it at all they want the silent tornado . a pair of 500s ran at 2800-3000 dont require a ton of air flow if its being forced around the pins through chimneys 50-60 cfm is plenty for ssb duty

the noise dont bother me much i run 140 cfm static dayton blowers on my 31b as well as my 8877 amp not noisy to me but i have friends that freak out over it . i run an sm-20 mic on my 6 meter rig and no one on the other side of the qso can here it and no wattmeter deflection is noticed wile keyed either . so whats the problem ?

but others have said give the blower and filter a good clean hvac service oil is nice to have on hand . i clean and lube my stuff usually every 2 years . wile im in there i look for possible exsesive heating of power supply, arcing of caps check condition of pate choke plate safety choke bandswitch meter shunts

2. WD8E

WD8E Ham Member QRZ Page

Kevin, I have a Henry 2K Classic for sale pick up price $1,100.00. Not being nosy but am I in the ball park>

TNX
    Fritz WD8E wd8e@arrl.net