ad: CQMaps-E

Question to yaesu ft 1000 mp Mk v owners

Discussion in 'Discussions, Opinions & Editorials' started by KF7TFO, Dec 5, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: L-rfparts
ad: l-Waters
ad: l-rl
ad: l-gcopper
ad: l-innov
  1. KF7TFO

KF7TFO XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Hello ,I am thinkinig seriously about buying an ft 1000mp mkv. I will be running into an als 600 amp. I have read that there have been problems with the inintial out put frying amps . Is that your experiance ? If I were to just use the class A 75 watt feature as the exciter, would that help the problem ? I also read one cure was to use the vox setting for my mike and that works too. Hope these are not too dumb questions ,I am a new ticket holder [12 months] Any help would be great Thanks KF7TFO
  2. WB2WIK

WB2WIK Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Using VOX doesn't help anything.

The problem with the FT-1000MP MK V is they shipped with too much "TX gain." That can be turned down via a hidden menu that's not discussed in the manual.

However W8JI addresses this on his website, here:

For solving the key click problem, there's a lot on that near the top of the page; for turning down the TX gain to prevent overshoot, splatter and stuff that can destroy the ALS-600, scroll down to the bottom of the page and the instructions are given.
  3. KF7TFO

THANK YOU !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! very much
  4. KF7TFO

I have never rubbed elbows with people of your caliber and kindness,thanks for you're generosity and time ! From the new kid on the block I thank you from helping !!! BIG TIME !!! sounds like the 1000mp Mkv can be tamed and enjoyed .
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.