ad: GNOHF-1

QSO with non-registered op marked as "on hold", how?

Discussion in 'Logbook User Forum' started by OZ5TN, Feb 2, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: L-MFJ
ad: K5AB-Elect-1
ad: Left-2
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: Subscribe
  1. OZ5TN

OZ5TN Ham Member QRZ Page

Hi,

One of the most recent entries in my logbook is a contact with Djuro 9A7IEB. He doesn't exist in the QRZ.com call database, but still the entry is marked with a blue dot, "On hold", as if he's seen the entry but not accepted it yet. How is that possible for a call that isn't registered?

I am asking because it makes me worry if the confirmations are reliable or not.

Not to sound ungrateful but the whole log database seems like it could do with a bit of an overhaul - I'm sure this is coming when there is some more time :)

VY 73, Thomas M6TTH

2. W1DQ

W1DQ Logbook Administrator Volunteer Moderator Volunteer DX Helper Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

It should not be possible for a user if the QRZ website to create a log entry until that user has registered with QRZ.com. Therefore, it should not be possible to possess and “incoming” record from a party that is not in the database.

If you enter attempt to manually enter a QSO with a party that is not on the database, a warning note apears. This is similar to the case that you try to lookup a callsign that is not in the database. It is possible to add that callsign information when known and appropriate to do so.

Is the record you refer to an “incoming” or “outgoing” record?

Blue dots are of different shades are labelled “Seen” or “Unseen”. What screen are you viewing when you see the “On hold” blue dot?

3. OZ5TN

It was an outgoing record, created from uploading my ADIF log, not entering it manually.

The entry has now disappeared completely(!!) and even didn't get re-created when I re-uploaded the log. I have *no* idea what's going on.

Both the "Latest log entries" tab on my QRZ.com profile page and the main "Logbook- All Entries" view, had the blue dot, and when I clicked to bring up the QSO details, it had "Seen by 9A7IEB".

4. OZ5TN

To be honest I'm *far* more concerned with the said log entry now having disappeared altogether. It takes my confidence in the integrity of my log info on qrz.com to an all time low. This is the first time I've noticed an entry just disappear like that, but I have no way to be sure it doesn't happen all the time, the only reason I noticed this one was that it was very recent and I had noticed it particularly, because it was marked as seen although the other party didn't have a qrz.com record.

I guess I'll have to download my log as ADIF and find some program that'll allow me to compare it with my master copy. But I would really appreciate an explanation as to what's going on here.

73, Thomas

5. W1DQ

W1DQ Logbook Administrator Volunteer Moderator Volunteer DX Helper Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

In the past week or so QRZ changed over to a cloud server. There was a temporary problem involving uploads and downloads (inability to make them).

If you Google "ADIF Converter", you may find an ADIF to Excel converter or antother that might facilitate your comparison.

6. OZ5TN

Ok, now this has happened again so I thought I'd report it before something happens to the entry again.

This time I have the QSO ID: 22520532. It is a log for a CW QSO with DL2JES Hardy, who is not registered with qrz.com. Yet the entry is listed with a blue dot next to the QSO (in both Log views) and has the following in the detailed entry that comes up when I click the ID:

What gives?

73, Thomas M6TTH

7. OZ5TN

Even weirder

It gets weirder ..

QSO serial 22430074, with F6AGQ/QRP is listed as "Confirmed" even though neither F6AGQ/QRP nor F6AGQ are registered.

8. OZ5TN

Same for QSO 22430072, LZ2BR and QSO 22430070, RA6XQN.
    Both of these are not in the qrz.com database yet the entries are "Confirmed". How is this possible???

9. OZ5TN

Just to avoid any doubt: The QSO's listed above plus 22430065 RW3DLJ are not marked as confirmed at the same time as they were created, but all 3 were marked confirmed at exactly the same time: 2011-02-10 14:20:52 UTC (about 2 hours after they were created when I uploaded my log).

10. W1DQ

Only Fred can solve these problems.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.