QSL card input ......

Discussion in 'Survey Center' started by AK4PX, Mar 16, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-assoc
ad: L-Geochron
ad: l-Waters
ad: L-rfparts
ad: l-gcopper
ad: l-rl
ad: l-innov
  1. AK4PX

AK4PX Ham Member QRZ Page

So I've put together several designs, some amusing, some related to my QTH, one related to interests (space) and one of the few of me. Photography is a hobby of mine so strangely enough I have very few of myself lol.

So ... critiques, adjustments, etc please. I do them in photoshop and print as I go on photo paper or suitably thick post card paper so I can change things easily enough.

I don't know how foreigners would feel about this so I'm a little 'meh' about it. It's just that it's one of the sharper pictures of me and one of my other hobbies (the other pics being blurry or otherwise unsalvageable in photoshop or similar lol)

2. K7RQ

K7RQ Subscriber QRZ Page

Good looking work. You probably should include your grid square. Those are important to some hams.

73, Hal
  3. KW9W

KW9W Ham Member QRZ Page

All good! Try to include received, and sent RST, along with grid square, and county.
    Suggestion: If you separate two RST reports by a slash w/ numbers, include the letter R or S next to each for clarification.
  4. AK4PX

AK4PX Ham Member QRZ Page

Ok, some changes to be made :D

No image preference?
  5. WA4BRL

WA4BRL Ham Member QRZ Page

I really like the Buzz Lightyear card. But why is he wearing pink frosted lipstick? That's so 1969.
  6. NI7I

NI7I Ham Member QRZ Page

I liked em allk.,. Personally, I would pick the picture of the harbor or the Buzz light year.. but that's just me..
    There is a russian fellow that is offering software to layout cards so you dont have to go through the hastle of Photoshop.. I'm going
    to try it.. I'll still do my images with photoshop but it's soooooo much easier to lkay out a card with use specific software..

7. K9ASE

K9ASE Ham Member QRZ Page

I really like the card with the satellite
  8. KF5FEI

KF5FEI Ham Member QRZ Page

They all look fine to me, but the one with the AR and grenade launcher might raise some eyebrows if sent overseas.
  9. KG4NEL

KG4NEL Ham Member QRZ Page

Harbor one, no question.
  10. NN3W

NN3W Ham Member QRZ Page

I also vote the harbor one.

I'd also include: your county, your four-digit grid square, and your CQ/ITU zones.
  11. WB2WIK

WB2WIK Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

I wouldn't bother including two RST reports. I've never even seen that done, that I can recall, and there's no purpose to it.

I would include grid square and CQ zone at least, maybe ITU zone also if there's room.

For those designs that don't have your address data on the "front" (picture) side, I assume it's on the back where we can't see it; make sure that information is "up high" on the card, well to the left side, to prevent it being overmarked by the post office bar code and stamp cancellation marks which can completely obliterate stuff printed on the "stamp" side of the card (if you ever mail cards not protected by envelopes).
  12. W3DUG

W3DUG Ham Member QRZ Page

I like the harbor one!
  13. N7GH

N7GH XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Buzz Lightyear, what could be better? Oh, guns and radios... now that a hard press to choose. I'd put the stats on the back though and not ruin the pic.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.