qrz

Discussion in 'Ham to Ham References' started by W8JN, Jan 27, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: Subscribe
ad: Left-2
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-3
  1. K7LSB

K7LSB Ham Member QRZ Page

There is a great website that addresses itself to the Nigerian scams with updates, info on the many, many different forms of Nigerian scams, and some very funny ways to mess with their minds. Go to http://www.scamorama.com/ and check it out.

73 de Rich K7LSB

2. w5zzq

w5zzq Ham Member QRZ Page

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (K8ERV @ May 25 2003,03:31)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I think anyone dumb enuff to fall for these obvious scams deserves what they get (or don't get). Barnum had it right.   TOM K8ERV[/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>
    You're exactly right Tom. Some people will believe anything.......... [​IMG]

3. K5YY

K5YY Ham Member QRZ Page

Tell 'em you will cash the cashiers check and wait 14 days to make sure it clears, THEN their agent can come by and you give him a POST dated check that you can cancel if things go wrong.. And ask them why they trust you to keep &quot;all that extra money&quot; since you don't even know them.. Ask a LOT of questions and put YOUR stipulations on how the transaction will go down. They will just fade away... Just wonder how many guys &quot;bite&quot; on this one? MM [​IMG]

4. w5zzq

w5zzq Ham Member QRZ Page

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (medicineman @ Dec. 11 2003,15:47)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Tell 'em you will cash the cashiers check and wait 14 days to make sure it clears, THEN their agent can come by and you give him a POST dated check that you can cancel if things go wrong.. And ask them why they trust you to keep &quot;all that extra money&quot; since you don't even know them.. Ask a LOT of questions and put YOUR stipulations on how the transaction will go down. They will just fade away... Just wonder how many guys &quot;bite&quot; on this one?  MM [​IMG][/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>
    That is a great idea. You won't hear another word from them..........Larry.

5. XV2PS

XV2PS Ham Member QRZ Page

Here is my reply to one email i received 2 days ago from a Nigerian scam (proposed transfer me 9,6 M US...):

Dear Musa Engineer,

I understand that your situation is very difficult with so few honestly
    earned money. I would suggest you to to convert it into gold and DHL it
    directly to me (you can also attach it by email). In case of I cannot return
    it to you, I promise to use the funds to educate more the people that really
    need it. Maybe I meet you there.

All the best Musa, I pray for you.

Chi Pheo
    ==================
    Here is his reply:

My dear friend and brother,
    Thanks for your quick response to my email but It don't understand your
    your mail. Please let me know if you are ready to assist me or not..
    Musa
    ==================

I mean these people are also so idiot brainless. Those to get in their system shows they are quite dumb.

6. Guest

Guest Guest

I don't fall for the scams, but have had very good luck selling a few items to Europe. Sold two clearly defective Icoms to Krasi, he knew exactly what he was getting, but said he could fix them. By some miracle, when they arrived, they worked perfectly. He voluntarily sent EXTRA money, not requested or required. How can you beat that! Have sold a few other items with very good results. Maybe I have just been lucky.

TOM K8ERV

7. 5n0wha

5n0wha Ham Member QRZ Page

It is all Good to expose potential harzards while trading in general, but I think a bit of tact has to be applied to each case individualy.
    I live in Nigeria and currently looking for a coax switch which might eventually turn up to be somewhere in the states. If people are afraid to deal with countries overseas, what does become of people like us that are serious in purchasing the items involved ?
    Before saying &quot;Don't sell overseas&quot; we have to take into consideration all the other cases that are legit.

5n0wha

8. W0LC

W0LC Ham Member QRZ Page

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (5n0wha @ Dec. 12 2003,08:57)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">It is all Good to expose potential harzards while trading in general, but I think a bit of tact has to be applied to each case individualy.
    I live in Nigeria and currently looking for a coax switch which might eventually turn up to be somewhere in the states. If people are afraid to deal with countries overseas, what does become of people like us that are serious in purchasing the items involved ?
    Before saying &quot;Don't sell overseas&quot; we have to take into consideration all the other cases that are legit.

5n0wha[/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>
    What you say is true, but to reiterate a point. Most of the scams of this nature are originating from 5N land and as a result, anything that now comes from there is suspect. WHat I would recommend is the amateur population and others get with the government officials to crack down on this scam practice. It gives everyone a tainted image to the rest of the world.

It is unfortunate, but a reality. You might consider having a stateside friend obtain the items/equipment for you and then they can ship it to you. Develop a &quot;go between&quot; if you are having problems obtaining equipment.

GL

9. Guest

Guest Guest

I agree, Nigeria needs to clean up it's act.

TOM K8ERV

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.