ad: elecraft

QRZ Visit to DX Engineering

Discussion in 'Amateur Radio News' started by AA7BQ, Oct 4, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-2
ad: abrind-2
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-3
ad: Radclub22-2
  1. WA8ZYT

WA8ZYT Ham Member QRZ Page

A very nice, professional company to deal with! Super service!

2. KA3RCS

KA3RCS Ham Member QRZ Page

Very cool article. It's always nice to get a behind-the-scenes look at a company serving this niche market, especially one which serves it so well.

I ordered antenna wire and rope from them to build the 80 meter loop antenna at our club site, and could not have been more impressed with the products or with their service (including answering a question regarding the choice of rope prior to placing the order). As we used Ladder Snaps, the open wire feedline is also made from the same wire; the antenna and feedline are actually one contiguous piece.

Not only does the antenna perform beyond my wildest expectations, but it even survived several trees falling on it during an ice storm last winter. When I was finally able to untie the ice-encrusted rope to lower the antenna, a large portion of one tree broke almost completely off with a very loud crack...the wire and rope were supporting a ridiculous amount of weight! After cutting the trees away, the antenna went back up, and remains perfectly intact. I couldn't ask for more!

3. AE8MM

AE8MM Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

When DXE first started taking orders in the Summit Retail store, things were a bit rocky. The Summit employees didn't quite know how to handle the orders. As time went on the process became extremely smooth. Even despite the issues early on I was always treated very well by Summit. I have placed SEVERAL orders since then, it is very handy since they are only a short drive from home. Sure beats driving to Wickliffe or ordering online and waiting.

I had a return on a item I bought from DXE and was given the option of returning it directly to the Summit Racing store. I was a bit worried about how that was going to turn out considering my earlier issues placing orders, but it went very smoothly. While not knowledgeable about ham items (after hours for DXE staff) the Summit staff was very helpful never the less on the return.

I just wish DXE carried more then just Icom products when it comes to radios. Not that there is anything wrong with most of Icom's products, its just not my personal flavor of choice.

4. WB9MSM

WB9MSM XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Thanks Fred. I enjoyed the nice write up with pictures. Keep up with doing these tours, as many of us will never get the opportunity to visit these businesses. Job well done and much appreciated on my end. Cheers! Denny, WB9MSM

5. N8DC

N8DC Ham Member QRZ Page

Being an ex racer and street rodder I have been buying from summit racing for years and lightening quick shipping with decent prices. When I decided to buy a new AL-80bB last year I ordered one then finding out it was on back order I checked with DX engineering and they had one on the shelf. Since The FT5ZM dxpedition was approaching and I needed it for a new one (3 away now from having them all) I placed my order. Yup got it in like a day from Ohio to Michigan. They were cheaper with free shipping at the time also. Well FT5ZM came and went and I worked the crap out of them :). By the way . Have you priced wiper blades lately for your car? Just so happens I put in an order to Summit Racing yesterday. Couldnt find them any cheaper !...
    Dave N8DC

6. K9ASE

K9ASE XML Subscriber QRZ Page

I've had great luck with Summit also. DX ticked me off once but I've never regretted giving them a second chance.

7. N0AKF

N0AKF Ham Member QRZ Page

I use them a lot too! NICE article! Neat concept in the "kiosk" and how they man the store. I am in Iowa and if I place my order before 9pm on Monday, I have it here at my house Wed! Standard shipping :) Oh and free shipping on orders over $99. OH AND every time I order I have a coupon for $20 off on my next order over $100 :) GREAT company!!!!!!

8. N6OIL

N6OIL Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Nice write up Fred,

How about a follow up story on how and why DXE became, why the tie in with Summit Racing.

Rory

9. KA9JLM

KA9JLM Ham Member QRZ Page

Cool Visit. Thanks for sharing Fred.

I have supported Summit Racing and DX Engineering whenever They had what I wanted.

Seems like QRZ would have more of their Ads.

10. K4XJ

K4XJ Ham Member QRZ Page

I use to work for Belben Wire and Cable and use to braid the coax and I also use to be an inspector. And I can say that LMR cable is superior to Belden's garbage. You wont believe the cable that failed sweep test and other test. If you were there you would have had to laugh at the garb age that supervisors told me to send off. I even complained to Plant managers and to Richmond Indiana and was told to just follow your supervisors....Like what the hell!. By all means DO NOT buy Belden's cable!

11. W1YW

W1YW Ham Member QRZ Page

I guess that other place couldn't give a ****** !

:)

Chip W1YW

12. AF6LJ

AF6LJ Ham Member QRZ Page

Thanks Fred, I have come to enjoy your trips to places most of us will never have a chance to see.
    Thank You again.

EDIT;
    And thank you for all the other stuff you do.
    Your the Best.

13. KC8CJG

KC8CJG Ham Member QRZ Page

Today,I needed to order a couple of things for my station. After reading the story about DX Engineering, I decided to give them a try. After speaking to and placing an order with Rick (wa8tsl). He not only helped me with placing my order.But,gave me valuable information on proper use of the items I needed. Thank you Rick. George-kc8cjg

14. KA9JLM

KA9JLM Ham Member QRZ Page

That is cool.

Lets see if we can get Google Ads to work.

http://www.dxengineering.com/

15. N9ETB

N9ETB Ham Member QRZ Page

I am using a 50ft run of their RG-8X. Good coax which has connectors that actually stay on and don't fall off. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.