QRZ to LOTW

Discussion in 'Logbook User Forum' started by AI8O, Apr 3, 2019.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-2
ad: Subscribe
ad: Left-3
ad: L-MFJ
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: K5AB-Elect-1
  1. KD0CAC

KD0CAC Ham Member QRZ Page

I found it difficult to get LOTW setup , but I have frequent issues with computer systems , so do not really fault LOTW .
    On the other hand , for me this is a hobby and not a bank acc. , so the issue of high security takes away from my enjoyment - not interested in LOTW .
    I know [ most of the time ;) what my contacts are - and that works for me .

K2EGB likes this.
  2. N2EY

N2EY Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

What helped me immensely in getting LoTW set up was following the step-by-step instructions EXACTLY. Once I did that, I was fine.

LoTW is complex for several reasons:

1) It needs to accommodate a number of different awards and rules. Some awards allow the same operator to use multiple callsigns to earn an award, some don't. Some allow multiple locations within the same state/province/country/entity, some don't. Then there are grid squares....and more.

2) It needs to accommodate both US and non-US users, with all sorts of callsigns and other factors. For example, Turkey is a single DXCC entity, yet spans two continents.

3) It needs to be as secure as possible to avoid cheating. And yes, people will cheat to get an award or other recognition. Don Miller was just one example.

3. K2EGB

K2EGB Subscriber QRZ Page

Thanks again ALL, for your comments. I haven't yet reached the point of DX'g nor contesting...was just looking for a means for tracking contacts with the hope of occasional "confirmations."

4. AK4RH

AK4RH XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Can someone help me , I cant remember my password so i can send my log to L O T W, How can i change my password for that, So i can download my logbook !

5. W1DQ

W1DQ Logbook Administrator Volunteer Moderator Volunteer DX Helper Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

LoTW passwords are in the domain of LoTW - contact LoTW.

6. AK4RH

AK4RH XML Subscriber QRZ Page

TX !

7. VE3CGA

VE3CGA XML Subscriber QRZ Page

and if you're into satellites, upload sat qsos to lotw first, then download from lotw into qrz. it will add the contact to qrz's logbook.
    very simple. qrz does sat qsos different than lotw ( or vice versa), so I found this works best for both sites