ad: w5yi

QRZ to LOTW

Discussion in 'Logbook User Forum' started by AI8O, Apr 3, 2019.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-3
ad: Subscribe
ad: K5AB-Elect-1
ad: Left-2
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
  1. AI8O

AI8O Ham Member QRZ Page

I've been doofing around since December trying to enter contacts into LOTW.
    NO JOY.

I have problems entering QSO data into QRZ.
    I just don't get the TAO of the LOTW.

Can QRZ handle downloading my QRZ contacts into LOTW?

Or at least greatly facilitate this?

What kind of subscription do I need?

I already have a LOTW account and password.

I am NOT a contester.
    I usually make two or three contacts during each operating session.

2. VE3CGA

VE3CGA XML Subscriber QRZ Page

join up at least with the XML data subscription.
    If you can upload your log into qrz, there is a button to push the new log data into lotw.
    Also there is a button to download lotw log updates into qrz.
    Its the main reason I joined

I use winlog32 (theres other log programs). upload new log entries into qrz then export to lotw.
    Later (or at any time) I download lotw into qrz.
    pretty easy once set up.

AA4IB likes this.
  3. W1DQ

W1DQ Logbook Administrator Volunteer Moderator Volunteer DX Helper Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

You need to have an XML or higher subscription to QRZ that enables you to export records from QRZ to LoTW. You also need to have an account with LoTW.

You must enable LoTW Access as follows:
    Open your logbook
    Click on SETTINGS
    Find LoTW Access, click on HELP for initial guidance
    Click on SETUP and follow instructions

Once setup, open your logbook, click on SETTINGS, scroll to Export and Send to LOTW.

Last edited: Apr 3, 2019
    K1LKP likes this.
  4. K2EGB

K2EGB Subscriber QRZ Page

Question (from a HAM newbie): Why do HAMS use multiple logbooks (e.g. QRZ and LOTW)?

Last edited: Apr 14, 2019
  5. W1DQ

W1DQ Logbook Administrator Volunteer Moderator Volunteer DX Helper Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

Log systems such as QRZ, LoTW, and eQSL have differing automatic confirmation features as well as awards. As a courtesy to those who use one or the other, many operators upload their QSO records to various systems. This is facilitated by ADIF file protocol; see www.adif.org

KP4SX likes this.
  6. K5FJR

K5FJR XML Subscriber QRZ Page

I have been uploading my C4FM contacts to LoTW for a while with no problems. Suddenly it tells me I have errors and it won't upload them. It tells me there are two errors but I only see one, "Invalid Mode (C4FM) on Line 1." Nothing has changed from before, why is it now refusing to allow an upload?

7. W1DQ

8. W7UUU

W7UUU QRZ Lifetime Member #133 Administrator Volunteer Moderator Platinum Subscriber Life Member QRZ Page

Because not everyone uses the same system for confirmations - but if you can export/import from like systems, you can get confirmations that propagate from one platform to another. That way LoTW confirmations can be useful at QRZ or QRZ confirmations at LoTW. You can also send ADIF files to eQSL and ClubLog and take advantage of those systems as well. It's all about having options....

That's why :)

Dave
    W7UUU

K2EGB likes this.
  9. N2EY

N2EY Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Despite the name, LoTW isn't really a logbook (although you can use it as a sort of offsite backup system). It's an electronic QSL system.

LoTW is the way it is so that cheating is very difficult. Other systems aren't as secure.

KD0CAC and K2EGB like this.
  10. NI4TG

NI4TG XML Subscriber QRZ Page

More confirmations.