ad: elecraft

QRZ Shack Report: AB1OC & AB1QB

Discussion in 'Amateur Radio News' started by AA7BQ, Jan 7, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Radclub22-2
ad: Left-2
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-3
ad: abrind-2
  1. VA2BIG

VA2BIG Ham Member QRZ Page

Very impressive setup, love the attention to detail!

2. AB1OC

AB1OC Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Thank you everyone for all of the really nice comments on our station. Also, a very special thanks to Fred Lloyd (AA7BQ) for the opportunity to get to know him and to be part of QRZ.com. We've had a lot of fun putting this together and we've learned a lot along the way. Anita and I are fairly new hams, being licensed for about 3 years now. Its been a real pleasure to meet so many nice folks on the air. Amateur Radio is certainly a hobby that provides a lifetime of learning, fun and chances to meet some really nice folks. We also hope that everyone is also enjoying our blog ( http://stationproject.wordpress.com ). For those that are going to attend the ARRL Centennial Event in CT this summer, we will be doing a presentation on the design, construction and operation of our station at the event. We hope to meet some of the folks here for an eyeball QSO at the Centennial. 73 and we hope to talk with everyone on the air soon.

- Fred (AB1OC)

3. N0AX

N0AX XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Lovely station and so well-engineered! I just received Anita's QSL for a couple of Rookie Roundup contacts - nice to see where the signal comes from!

73, Ward N0AX

4. N3HEE

N3HEE Ham Member QRZ Page

Very nice setup indeed! I'm even more impressed by the fact they can work CW. Hope to work them some day.

5. N6JRZ

N6JRZ Ham Member QRZ Page

Very impressive base set up!! Wish I had unlimited funds for that kind of set up!!!! I love how all the cables run under ground and out of the elements!! Just got done reading the blog and I do have one suggestion on your mobile set up. Get rid of the magnet mount for HF!!!! Especially if you do in fact get the Scorpion motorized antenna. That mount will not hold it while driving down the road at 70 mph with 10 mph head wind!!! Trust me I know from personal Xp. Bite the bullet and drill that hole dead center of the roof and you'll be amazed at how much more efficient your HF mobile Xp will be!!! I did that on my Chevy Tahoe and I was taken aback by the difference in not only signal reports and transmissions, but the noise floor dropped as well! From one mobile HF operator to another, drill the hole!!!! Best 73's and hope to one day work you on the bands!!!

6. M0HEM

M0HEM Ham Member QRZ Page

hello from essex uk

jon m0hem qsl card

m0hem.jpg

7. AA1VX

AA1VX Ham Member QRZ Page

I wouldn't be surprised if I could see that antenna from my QTH in the next town over, HI! Thanks for the QSO's Fred. Beautiful setup...I'm envious.

Dave A1VX

8. KN3A

KN3A XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Very nice station setup. The sort of hamshack I can only dream about! Thanks for the QSO tonight on 60 meters too. 73 de KN3A.

9. N2ADV

N2ADV XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Great pics, great setup - but most of all, I LOVE the website!

10. VE3TMT

VE3TMT Ham Member QRZ Page

How do they feel about adoption?

Now to wipe the drool off my desk!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.