ad: UR5CDX-1

QRZ Security Update: 2FA and Verified Users

Discussion in 'Amateur Radio News' started by AA7BQ, Jun 12, 2019.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-3
ad: Left-2
ad: L-MFJ
ad: abrind-2
ad: Radclub22-2
  1. ZS1XB

ZS1XB Ham Member QRZ Page

Auty needs a QR Code to scan before the account is created. Where do I find QRZ's QR code?

MI0GTA likes this.
  2. W1MDM

W1MDM Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

how did you do that?

MI0GTA likes this.
  3. MI0GTA

MI0GTA XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Aw god now your asking..... I'm not great explaining these types of things but here goes...

1/ on your QRZ account page look to see if 2FA is ticked, if not ticked, click on it and you'll need GOOGLE AUTHENTICATOR on your mobile / cell phone as well because you have to scan the bar code and it will ask you to enter the 6 digit pin number generated by GOOGLE AUTH as well.

when you've done that

2/ click on IDENTITY VERIFIED although it will probably still show a grey X but click it anyway and it should say. IDENTITY VERIFIED and then wait a day or so and you'll get an email saying Identity verified and the VERIFIED TAG should be back on your QRZ page...

Hope this help's.... 73

4. MI0GTA

it's on GOOGLE AUTH APP... you need to download it to your cell / mobile phone.

5. MI0GTA

No, you don't need a sub for the VERIFIED TAG....

6. K8VHL

K8VHL Platinum Subscriber Volunteer Moderator Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

Damn, that green VERIFIED tag looks good on you! You're doing a great job explaining things and seem to have endless patience. Carry on Sir.

MI0GTA likes this.
  7. W7UUU

W7UUU Director, QRZ Forums Lifetime Member 133 QRZ HQ Staff Life Member QRZ Page

IDV is not something you can "buy into". Whether paid or not paid as a member, you will not be able to post in the Swapmeet without going through the process of getting IDV.

Dave
    W7UUU

MI0GTA likes this.
  8. MI0GTA

It looks CLASS, as we say here, Just like your GREEN VERIFIED TAG... Finger's crossed it'll not disappear on us again and time soon... 73 Hart.

K8VHL likes this.
  9. MI0GTA

P.S...I remember the day I got LoTW to actually work for me... I won't tell you what I muttered under my breath... took me about, well too long to figure it out, piece of cake now, and that's when I got the DX100 here on QRZ... That badge means more to me on my page than I can tell you...….. All SSB VOICE...………………….. None of that FT 8 /4 cheat mode everyone else uses.... 73

10. K8VHL

11. W1MDM

so i followed the entire video of 2019.. how long does it take to get verified again?

12. K8VHL

Amazing! You're just fooling with us, aren't you?

Last edited: Jun 25, 2019
  13. W1MDM

You think so? was verified ‘til this new program was released, thats why am trying my best to be verified again!

14. K8VHL

We're trying to help you but you're making it difficult. Let's start with did you do the first step in post #141? If not, say so: if yes, send me a Conversation with the results.

15. W1MDM

Heres the response after the winauth

Attached Files: