QRZ online swapmeet

Discussion in 'Ham Radio Discussions' started by N6YW, Apr 16, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-3
ad: Left-2
ad: L-MFJ
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: Subscribe
  1. N6YW

N6YW Ham Member Volunteer Moderator QRZ Page

Greetings all...
    While surfing the swap pages here online the other day, I noticed a fellow offering
    a ROLEX GMT Submariner Chronograph for sale. Hmmm, this is an interesting place
    to offer such HAM REALTED articles for sale. I guess it is a legit piece of time keeping
    gear, but really folks...give a Moron an inch and he will turn this place into a pawn shop.
    I guess it would be okay to sell a Corvette on these pages as long as it contained
    a Ham rig of some sort. I am sure he would agree. I don't.
    Billy, N6YW

2. Guest

Guest Guest

Here we go with self-appointed, self-annointed Radio Police, Vice & Swap Division, determining of what should or shouldn't be posted.

If the owner of QRZ or his moderators do not delete it, they don't see a problem, why in the world should you? Don't read it or if you do, don't complain about it!

Some people insist on forcing use of "radio rules" on the internet, but indivduals are free to decide what is written, not publicly aired under Part 97 requirements (ONLY amateur related equipment). Even if it were on radio, a GMT watch IS NOT a common item but VERY specific to the nature of Shortwave Radio. A ham or a shortwave listener are really the only ones to even WANT to keep time in GMT. I happen to be one of them. Only a "moron" would question the validity of such an item & use such a term!

Wow, lighten up, thankfully there are fewer rules than on the radio,

RM
    "If it gets the delete, it failed to meet... standards..."

3. K9STH

K9STH Platinum Subscriber Volunteer Moderator Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

Lets not get "something going" here (i.e. the moron stuff - that isn't bad, but the chances of things escalating are definitely there). As long as an item is anywhere near being used for an amateur radio purpose, or is offered as trade for amateur radio equipment, I don't think that there is any problem. Of course, if someone was running ad after ad for non-amateur related equipment, or was selling "contraband" items, then that is another matter.

If anyone believes that an item offered for sale or trade is not appropriate for QRZ.com, then they need to contact Fred Lloyd at aa7bq@qrz.com and tell him why the item is not appropriate. Fred is the owner of QRZ.com and has the final "say so" in all matters concerning this site.

Glen, K9STH
    one of the QRZ.com moderators

4. Guest

Guest Guest

[​IMG] Moron..........moron.............MORON............I resemble that remark! [​IMG]

Don't like the watch? How about a GENUINE gold bracelette? [​IMG]

73 de Craig..........KCØGOA [​IMG]

5. Guest

Guest Guest

WELL IF THE RADIO IS WORTH MORE THAN THE CAR  WE MAY HAVE A PROBLEM, I SAY SELL THE CAR. NO SELF RESPECTING HAM WOULD LET GO OF HIS RADIO.
    I WOULD RATHER HAVE A NEW KENWOOD THAN A NEW CORVETTE
    [​IMG]  [​IMG]  [​IMG]  [​IMG]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.