ad: elecraft

QRZ Logbook Restored to Service

Discussion in 'Amateur Radio News' started by AA7BQ, Feb 4, 2019.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-3
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-2
ad: Radclub22-2
ad: abrind-2
  1. AA7BQ

AA7BQ QRZ Founder QRZ HQ Staff QRZ Page

QRZ_Logo_1.PNG

After a long weekend, the QRZ Logbook is back in operation on it's new hardware platform.

We won't make excuses and will admit that the upgrade should have been better planned and executed. We apologize for that and humbly ask for your understanding. Once the process began, we were committed to finishing it and clearly it took much longer than it should have. This was a major infrastructure upgrade of both hardware and operating system and there were new things that we weren't familiar with or otherwise didn't expect. Fortunately, we were able to persevere and we stuck through it until the end. In fact, we missed the entire Super Bowl.

While we remain confident that the system is in good working order, we will not be surprised if those of you who use the facility will find some issues over the next few days. PLEASE, if you find anything wrong, leave us a note here. We'll be monitoring this forum thread for the next few days to make sure that all is well.

Now, a few notes to remember:

You do not need to re-upload your logs. This upgrade resulted in zero loss of data from the previous system. In fact, please DO NOT re-upload your logs. Just upload new ones if you have them.

Please leave a message here if you find anything is amiss. We will be taking bug reports as they arrive and will tackle them immediately if possible. Do remember that we do take the evenings off and may catch some sleep once in a while. HI HI

QRZ wishes to thank everyone for their patience and understanding.

73 -fred AA7BQ

GM4JPZ, 4X1ST, KS4TD and 27 others like this.
  2. W5MBH

W5MBH Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Well done Fred and crew ! Thanks, and have a well-deserved rest tonight.

NK2U, KI4YZN and N8OA like this.
  3. W7UUU

W7UUU Director, QRZ Forums Lifetime Member 133 QRZ HQ Staff Life Member QRZ Page

Good job Fred - hope you get some well-deserved rest

Dave
    W7UUU

NK2U and N8QQE like this.
  4. KQ4MM

KQ4MM XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Thanks Fred and team .. and as far as missing the game, it was somewhat super boring so you didn't miss anything ,,

WE5B, KN4LGM, NK2U and 2 others like this.
  5. KE4BKL

KE4BKL XML Subscriber QRZ Page

I can't download any of my QSO's to LOTW now. All of my old QSO's are done and gone to LOTW but it won't accept any of my new ones I have uploaded since Thursday. Is this a known issue?

W3KKO and AG7KO like this.
  6. K6DWI

K6DWI Ham Member QRZ Page

OK, I cant edit comments in the log.
    After I change something and hit save, it just goes back to previous.
    Example. Under comments I had a few that had FT8 info, I hit edit and went to add state/country
    and it will not save new info

7. VE2SYY

VE2SYY XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Error occured while signing log records.
    0 records successfully sent to LoTW.

W3KKO likes this.
  8. WB6JHI

WB6JHI Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Details on the LOTW export issue:

TQSL Output:
    /c/lbook/tqsl/tqslsign: error while loading shared libraries: libwx_base-2.8.so.0: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

W3KKO likes this.
  9. N7XCZ

N7XCZ Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Yes me too cant sync with LOTW

10. W5BIB

W5BIB Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

My entire log book is back, but, on the callsign look-up page I get:

"Public Logbook data is temporarily not available for this user"

Everything is noticeably FASTER ! :)

Last edited: Feb 4, 2019
  11. N7XCZ

But the website is much Faster on a Plus note :)

12. AB9VJ

AB9VJ Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Thanks for all your hard work. Sorry you had to give up your weekend. Tell the whole staff thanks.

13. N7XCZ

Also I cannot access the DX spotting network anyone else with this issue?

14. K4TK

K4TK XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Similar to the comment by K6DWI, I attempted to edit a QSO I entered....I needed to change the band and frequency.....and it seemed to let me do it....and seemed to let me save it, but when I looked at my log....it still had the OLD information on the QSO I edited. I tried multiple times to change the freq and band of one QSO....but each time I did .....and saved the changes, the log still had the old info. I wound up deleting that QSO and redoing it from scratch....which of course worked. But I used to be able to edit info like that and save it successfully.

Only thing I've seen so far...and that's kind of "small beans" in the big order of things.............

15. N4ATJ

N4ATJ XML Subscriber QRZ Page

All of my logbook is not showing from the front page and it will not let me send my logbook to LoTW.