ad: SMHam-1

QRZ log shows QTH different than when i search for it in QRZ

Discussion in 'Logbook User Forum' started by KM4IY, Jul 27, 2019.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Subscribe
ad: K5AB-Elect-1
ad: Left-2
ad: L-MFJ
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
  1. KM4IY

KM4IY Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

i have a contact with VP8CTR... looking him up in QRZ database, it appears he's in Antarctica, yet when QRZ logged it, he's in Falkland islands...

i needed both on 40 meters anyway, so either way will work, yet from MY QTH Antarctica is much more desirable because i rarely ever hear them...

LOTW also shows him in Antarctica...

i'm curious...

2. KP4SX

KP4SX XML Subscriber QRZ Page

He's in Antarctica. I believe you can change that on the QRZ QSO record. Falkland is simply the default for the VP8 prefix.

KM4IY likes this.
  3. KM4IY

Thank you Bill... i thought the call sounded familiar. i see you frequently. we have a contact on 4/27/19 on 20 meters.

i'm not sure how to do that? but i'll have a go at it. i really would like to have him both places :) but i know i can't. i have several Antarctica contacts that confirmed in eQSL, but this is the first that has confirmed with LOTW and QRZ. i'm excited.

thanks again and i hope we get to contact again. 73

4. KP4SX

KP4SX XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Hello to you as well.
    Look for the Set button on the QSO info screen. You can adjust his country there. Theoretically he could come to the Falkland Is and operate with the same call. Or go to South Shetland or something. That's why the adjustment is available.
    GL!

5. W1DQ

W1DQ Logbook Administrator Volunteer Moderator Volunteer DX Helper Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

Had you manually entered the QSO with VP8CTR, QRZ would have logged it as Antarctica. However, the confirmed entry in your QRZ logbook is a result of a Download from LoTW; hence the QRZ properties were written over by the LoTW-sourced properties.

You have received a LoTW confirmation (as indicated) that QRZ accepts for credit. Inasmuch as VP8CTR is not a QRZ Logbook participant, it would not be possible to achieve a solely QRZ confirmation.

The QRZ Callsign Database page for VP8CTR is managed by UT7YA. It is he that claims VP8CTR is in the Antarctica DXCC not Falklands. As to your QRZ logbook record, I am not sure whether it can be edited since it is confirmed; nevertheless you can try:

Open your logbook
    Find QSO with VP8CTR
    Click on callsign
    Click on EDIT
    Click on Receiver Info tab
    Click on DXCC SET
    Select Antarctica and save

KM4IY likes this.
  6. KM4IY

Thank you... It worked perfectly. I would have never found that!