QRZ in Vietnam

Discussion in 'QRZ Stickers Around the World' started by WA7WJR, Oct 7, 2018.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Subscribe
ad: l-assoc
ad: Left-2
ad: Left-3
ad: L-MFJ
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
  1. WA7WJR

WA7WJR XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Received the QRZ stickers prior to my departure for Vietnam. I usually like to operate from covered table on the terrace built into the hillside at a hotel in Vung Tau (Ok30MH), but this time I choose to rent one of the air conditioned 10'x10' cabins on the terrace due to rains and high humidity, (and as an added bonus I don't have to lug my gear up and down the hillside every day).

XV9WJR VUNG TAU OCT 2018.jpg

KC9NRL, KQ4MZ, AD5HR and 2 others like this.
  2. W5BIB

W5BIB Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

AIR CONDITIONED ?? - :rolleyes: - You should be in a "Nipa Hut" (on stilts with pigs & chickens underneath !) w/a ice chest of 33 or Tiger beer iced-down. (or you could splurge & have some brown-bottle San Miguel sneaked in from the P.I. !!) :p
    [​IMG]

3. WA7WJR

LOL...

I did the nipa hut thing in the PI in the 70's. If you had ice in your cooler you were lucky my friend!

Here I prefer Tiger...but San Miguel is readily available here in Vung Tau as well.

I personally enjoy the SE Asian climate, but humidity and rain can wreak havoc on electronic equipment.

W5BIB likes this.
  4. WH2HAO

WH2HAO QRZ Moderator Volunteer Moderator Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

Are you still in Vũng tàu ?

5. WA7WJR

Hi David, I am back in ConUS now for the holidays. I plan to be back in Việt Nam in late January to prep for Tết, and thru February.

In Sept. '17 I worked Ed (KH2L) and the TX5EG DxPedition, but propagation to the east did not seem to be in my favor this year. Hopefully, 2019 will prove better and I can work eastward to the US west coast with CW, and I'll also be setup for FT-8 if all else fails. :)

I have a list of folks to SKED when I am in country, so I'll give you a shout next time I hit the ground in 2019.