QRZ Identity Verification

Discussion in 'Community Help Center' started by WL7CG, Mar 9, 2018.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: L-MFJ
ad: l-assoc
ad: Subscribe
  1. WL7CG

WL7CG Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Has any progress been made on this effort? Seems a good idea.
  2. N6QIC

N6QIC Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Hello Alan,
    There is a now a 2 factor authentication that you can enable on your account.

You may want to ask this specific question in the support center.

Thank you,
  3. WL7CG

WL7CG Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Thanks - I did that and you need to have it setup before the ID verification can happen. It seems that part is stalled.
  4. N6QIC

Ok please report it to the support center.

Thank you,
    73, Lisa
  5. W4POT

W4POT Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

I setup 2 factor authentication this week, and then became verified using my LoTW certificate in about 30 minutes.

I was already using Google Authenticator on a device so I just added the QRZ site by scanning the QR code off my screen.

The verification part wasn't working when I used Chrome, it keep saying it couldn't find the LoTW certificate I imported using the directions online. I switched to the Microsoft Edge browser and ran through the verification part and it found the certificate just fine. Now it works and I'm back to using Chrome.
    N6QIC likes this.
  6. N6QIC

Thanks Edward, :)

One more note, as seen on Edwards page. Once the 2 factor authentication is working, you will them se the "Verified" emblem on your bio page.

7. UA6JD

UA6JD Moderator Staff Member Platinum Subscriber Volunteer DX Helper QRZ Page

No use LoTW in present time , so take my ID photo and send image to QRZ HQ , got verification next day .
    N6QIC likes this.