ad: ProAudio-1

QRZ HF NET

Discussion in 'Ham Radio Discussions' started by AL2I, Mar 31, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: K5AB-Elect-1
ad: L-MFJ
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: Left-2
ad: Subscribe
  1. KI4CIA

KI4CIA Ham Member QRZ Page

I didn't hear anybody tonight, hopefully we'll hear some of you Sunday night!

Melinda / KI4CIA

2. KD4AMG

KD4AMG Ham Member QRZ Page

:blush: I forgot it again.

3. KI4CIA

EP, you're not old enough to be forgetting [​IMG]

Thanks to N9COH (Lou) and N9VO (Jim) for the nice chat tonight. Good signals from both.

Hope to see the rest of you next Friday night and Sunday night.

Melinda / KI4CIA

4. WA9UAA

WA9UAA Ham Member QRZ Page

Hi All,
    I haven't forgotten you folks but we're moving to a new QTH so I'll be off the air a while. 73,
    Rob WA9UAA

5. KI4CIA

Hi Rob,

Was wondering what happened to you [​IMG]

Good luck with the move, and hope your sanity survives!

Melinda / KI4CIA

6. KD4AMG

Well, since no one else will do this...I will.

There is supposed to be a net on Friday night July 21, 2006...normal frequency, normal time.

[​IMG]

7. KD4AMG

...but then you never know.

it IS radio. [​IMG]

8. WA5KRP

WA5KRP Ham Member QRZ Page

Ran into Steve, WB2WIK, a couple nights ago at 01:30Z on 20M. Had a great ragchew with him and a guy in Boise....lasted about 45 minutes, maybe longer.

I'm gonna hang around 14.3± this evening starting at 01:00Z. I'm not looking for a net. Just a ragchew. I'll probably be there for an hour or so.

WA5KRP
    Texas

9. W0LPQ

W0LPQ Ham Member QRZ Page

7275, I heard someone call Melinda, but QRN and appears band conditions are very poor do not contribute to anything meaningful.

Heard several voices, but weak enough to not be able to make anything out.

Wanted to use the TR-4C tonight..!

20 would not work for anything south this short Danny..

Listened on 20 for a short period, looks like things are quite long ... as they apparently are on 40.!

Bill, W0LPQ

10. KI4CIA

Hi Bill and Danny,

Well, I've forgone the "net" preamble, and just started calling CQ and that seems to be working better. It is just a roundtable ragchew anyway [​IMG]

I've thought about trying 20 meters on a different night instead of 40 meters on Friday night, but I don't think I have as good a signal on 20 as I do 40 ... just tried calling on 14.323 and didn't get any answers, but that's okay. I had fun on 40 [​IMG]

It's about time for my shows to come on so I'll be sitting in front of the tube anyway.

Bill, I ended up talking with four different stations, one has become a regular on the Sunday night "gatherings" (N9COH). One was down in the noise and hard to copy, the others had fairly decent signals. I thought I heard somebody else in there trying to break in, but they were way down in the noise and Lou didn't hear them at all.

Maybe I'll hear you Sunday night.

Melinda / KI4CIA

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.