QRZ HF NET

Discussion in 'Ham Radio Discussions' started by AL2I, Mar 31, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: Left-2
ad: K5AB-Elect-1
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Subscribe
  1. KI4CIA

KI4CIA Ham Member QRZ Page

Hi Bill. I'm not going to be able to have the net Sunday night - will be in Tennessee this weekend (did not know until Friday that I would be able to go).

Sorry, that makes missing two Sunday nights in a row [​IMG]

I'm still planning on being on 10.122 this afternoon at 6:00 central if anyone wants to try a CW roundtable / net.

Melinda / KI4CIA

2. KI4CIA

Net right now on 7.275.

Heath and I are probably going to QSY to CW afterwards if anybody wants to join us [​IMG] I'm guessing 40 meter novice ...

Good signals tonight ...

3. KI4CIA

4. KI4CIA

Heath, how's your wrist? [​IMG]

5. KI4CIA

Well, Heath is in another CW QSO now, so I'll make his post for him [​IMG]

Thanks to the other two who checked into the net tonight -

W4CWD - John, who just moved to Mobile, AL
    KD5ZER - Keith, BIG signal tonight!!

Both dropped in to say "hi" before running out eat some supper.

So we had four check-ins, then Heath and myself moved to 40 meters for a CW QSO and chatted for over an hour. (Heath, don't forget you were going to get that RCC certificate from SPAR!)

Hope to see you all Sunday night, 9:00 central on 7.291.

Melinda / KI4CIA

6. W1SK

W1SK Ham Member QRZ Page

Alrighty! I will catch you folks on Sunday. I just got a new antenna up 50 ft (instead of an end fed wire at 10 ft) so I am looking forward to seeing how this thing works. Catch you guys on Sunday.

Joe

7. KB3LIX

KB3LIX Ham Member QRZ Page

I wish I would have remembered. Just for grins, I took my FT-897D, tuner, headset, jumpers etc and decided to set up HF portable on a hill at the horse farm where my brother-in-law lives/works.
    My van was the only power source, so I had to keep the van running as the DC voltage at my cigarette plug was low. Darn thing has decided, it does NOT want to idle properly. I got so PO'ed, I just packed up and left.

Started the setup at 1945, was complete by 2015, including time needed to lenghten the diople legs. So I guess 30 minutes isn't too bad. In an emergency, I know I can get something on the air rather quickly. This was one of those "spur of the moment' endeavours, unlike a traditional Field Day exercise and I did manage 2 DX contacts. Hungary & Bulgaria on 20 meters. I would have liked to try you guys on 40 meters.

Sorry, I forgot ! Maybe next time.

8. KE5FRF

KE5FRF Ham Member QRZ Page

Thanks Melinda, for updating the thread...yes, I was busy with a couple more QSOs, and also answered a VERY nice e-mail from a guy who eavesdropped in on our CW contact and had wonderful things to say about both of our fists. I don't know if he CC'd you with the e-mail, but I would be happy to forward it to you, Melinda, it gave me a swelled head, [​IMG]

Thanks for the great ragchew, and yes, I passed the information to SPAR for the ragchewers award (I had us looged from 0030-0140 UTC 8 JULY 06) if that even matters.

Edited for my mistake, yes, I did put 0140, sorry for the typo, hihi.

9. KI4CIA

Heath, I hope you put 0140 as the end time and not 0040 [​IMG]

Yes, send me a copy of that email. Thanks

BTW - we are back from busting caps and Smokey is still alive and well with no holes :) John refused to let me use him for target practice after he spent (so called) good money on him.

Well, gotta run and fix some dinner.

Melinda / KI4CIA

10. KE5FRF

KE5FRF Ham Member QRZ Page

yeah, I did and fixed it on the post too, how did I make that mistake? Sleepy last night, I guess.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.