QRZ HF NET

Discussion in 'Ham Radio Discussions' started by AL2I, Mar 31, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Subscribe
ad: Left-2
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-3
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
  1. KD4AMG

KD4AMG Ham Member QRZ Page

[​IMG] What a way to end the month of JUNE, 2006....

a hf net----with a woman in charge
    the woman is from Alabama
    she yells " roll tide ".
    ( problably a blonde )
    Oh well.

CIA ---justapickinatcha ~~ !!

I will TRY to make it...what was that frequency ...7.275 or some where real close.

AI4EP (Robert)
    [​IMG]

2. KI4CIA

KI4CIA Ham Member QRZ Page

Robert, just to clarify, I am NOT a blonde. I am a brunette with quite a bit of gray.

[​IMG] [​IMG]

Well, 40 meters sounds quieter to me than it did last night, but I'll get on 40 meters (7.119) and give a few calls and see if anyone answers.

3. KI4CIA

YIKES!!! I take my statement back about 40 meters ... just talked with a station in Seviereville, TN and lost him in the QRN!!! Started out strong but wham, lost his signal.

Oh well, we'll see how things go ... may be a bust again this weekend.

If we can't hear anyone on 40 meters, I'll go to 20 meters around 14.325 and call CQ a few times and see if it's any better.

I'm going to check out 20 meters CW now [​IMG]

4. KI4CIA

Thanks, Dave. Now nobody's going to check in on the net because they'll be trying to work Alaska! j/k

I bet you do get a pile-up just about everytime you get on the radio ... have fun [​IMG]

5. KI4CIA

If anyone were to look at a weather map of Alabama right now (around Tuscaloosa) that lone thunderstorm is right where my house is!

I've got to unplug for a bit, but hopefully the storm will move on out of here by 7:00. The thunder keeps getting louder and louder and the "boss" is giving me that "look".

6. KI4CIA

okay, I'm on 7.270

7. KC9ECI

KC9ECI Ham Member QRZ Page

.270 has a spiffy broadcast station that I'm picking up at 20 over S9.

8. KI4CIA

Hey Tom. You can't get these guys around here to talk for longer than 30 mins ... much less two hours. Besides, conditions on around those frequencies wouldn't allow it anyway.

I called CQ for a few mins (about 10) and had one guy answer who told me I was 20 over in Michigan even though I had a hard time hearing him. But none of the other QRZers were around.

The broadcast station wasn't around then, but started to rear it's ugly head so I moved on back to the CW portions ... lots of activity out there tonight.

I'm going to try 20 meters CW here in a minute when John leaves for work.

Melinda / KI4CIA

9. AL2I

AL2I Ham Member QRZ Page

I'm hot, tired, dusty, sweaty and never even got over to the ham shack. I lied about that -- sorry. A drilling rig was having trouble with their comm so I missed the sked. I WAS helping to get you folks some more oil though. [​IMG]

10. KB3LIX

KB3LIX Ham Member QRZ Page

I remembered to listen for a change. Spun the dial from 7.250 thru 7.300. Never heard any familiar calls or voices. Only a group talking about an airboat on 7.275.

Maybe Sunday night.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.