ad: CrossCountry-1

QRZ Conformations

Discussion in 'Logbook User Forum' started by W7RTM, Feb 13, 2019.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-2
ad: Left-3
ad: Subscribe
ad: L-MFJ
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
  1. W7RTM

W7RTM XML Subscriber QRZ Page

I have a FT-8 contact when N4MIO on 2019-02-07 which according to QRZ there is a conflict in the State entered i.e. I entered NC and N4MIO entered NOR. Looking at the actual Log entry everything looks correct, further LoTW has conformed this entry and given credit.

How do I correct this?
    73 - Ted Mitchell W7RTM

2. N2BTX

N2BTX XML Subscriber QRZ Page

3. N2BTX

N2BTX XML Subscriber QRZ Page

iI've had the same problem. I believe the operator typed in "NORTH CAROLINA", which shows "NOR" instead instead of NC. I guess you can email the operator and have him change the state designator to NC instead of NOR and resend the confirmation.

charlie

4. W1DQ

W1DQ Logbook Administrator Volunteer Moderator Platinum Subscriber Volunteer DX Helper QRZ Page

For a QSO to be confirmed, only the following fields need match:
    Callsigns, band, mode, and date/time within a 30-minute window; none else.

For a QSO to be credited to an award, the following conditions must be satisfied:
    The QSO must be confirmed and the associated award field must match.

In the case of the 50 State award, the State field must carry the USPS 2-letter code. N4MIO must correct its State field to NC.

5. WG7X

WG7X Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Or... You could just work another North Carolina ham who knew how to enter his state designation correctly?

NC is not rare or hard to work from the west coast.

Quick tip: Wait for a stateside contest like NAQP or Sweepstakes or the NC QSO party. Plenty of NC stations will be on. Unfortunately, the NC QSO party for 2019 was last month. But, there's always next year!