ad: dxeng

QRZ.com Callsign Database

Discussion in 'Community Help Center' started by 2E1IIP, Apr 13, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 2E1IIP

2E1IIP Ham Member

Hi guy's, I was wondering if you could answer this question for me please, I am designing a log book program aimed at the freeware market, to add to it's "usefulness" I wanted users to be able to query your call sign database from within my program, is there an API or Web Service that I can use in my application in order to achieve this?

Thank you in advance.

2. W4SUL

W4SUL Premium Subscriber

Have your software poll the XML database. Specs on using the database can be found HERE

Sparrow

3. 2E1IIP

2E1IIP Ham Member

Thank you.

4. K2DSL

K2DSL Platinum Subscriber

Robert - You were given the correct answer. Just be aware that for someone to use the XML service, which is the right way to get data from an external program, THEY need a paid subscription to QRZ.com

The XML interface requires a subscription and when calling the XML interface you should pass their id/password. It wouldn't be correct for you to have an account and have that information passed for the hundreds/thousands of users that could use your program.

Maybe obvious, but I'm just making sure.

K2DSL - David

5. KC2UGV

KC2UGV Ham Member

You could build in the option for user/pass auth the the QRZ xml feed, or even with some work, add e-ham modules, or just the FCC data.

6. 2E1IIP

2E1IIP Ham Member

Thanks for the reply David, I take this as a response to my email that I sent in a short time ago?
    I will be able to plan the deployment of the application now having an answer to my question. ;)

Regards

Robert.

7. 2E1IIP

2E1IIP Ham Member

Thank you for the suggestions, my plan from here is to incorporate a bespoke database to handle call sign lookups, which will be updated via a web service.

Regards

Robert.

8. K2DSL

Robert,
    I don't work for the site so I'm not sure about what email you sent in. I've written some utilities for personal use that use the XML service so if you find anything that isn't answered on the site pages here, just post and I'm sure someone will jump in and help.

9. 2E1IIP

2E1IIP Ham Member

Cheers David, must just be a coincidence that some phrases in your post co-inside with the email that I sent in.:eek:
    I am in the process of developing an open source log book application and one of the features was to incorporate the facility to lookup call signs from the QRZ.com database.

10. K2DSL

I have some PHP code which does the initial connect, gets the key and then uses the key for a call sign lookup. It's not complex, but if you want it, let me know where to send it to.

11. 2E1IIP

2E1IIP Ham Member

Sure, that would be great, thank you. I do not program in PHP however transposing it to C# should not be that difficult as looking at PHP it seems to be similar in construct to many of the C code page type languages. :)

12. K2DSL

I sent it along to the email you have here on QRZ for your call sign. If you don't receive it, post here.

13. UR5FCM

UR5FCM Ham Member

Hello!

Can you send me code in php for access callsign database?
    I'm need add option lookup callsign from QRZ DB for my logbook software
    Please send me to: garik38@gmail.com
    Thanks!

14. K2DSL

I sent along sample PHP code. If you have questions, let me know.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.