ad: elecraft

QRZ App for Android now in Beta Testing

Discussion in 'Amateur Radio News' started by AA7BQ, May 5, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-3
ad: Left-2
ad: abrind-2
ad: Radclub22-2
ad: L-MFJ
  1. KB2HSH

KB2HSH Ham Member QRZ Page

OUTSTANDING. Great look. Easy to use. No problems with it on the Galaxy Express 3.

KB2HSH

W5PFG likes this.
  2. VE3TMT

VE3TMT Ham Member QRZ Page

Working just fine on Moto G5

VE3TMT

W5PFG likes this.
  3. N8PC

N8PC Ham Member QRZ Page

works great on 8.0.0 marshmellon android samsung S8+

4. N9RLO

N9RLO Ham Member QRZ Page

I can't get the app. It says 'your device isn't compatable with this version.'

5. LA6VQ

LA6VQ Platinum Subscriber Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

Then my theory that you might be mixed up with the author, didn't hold water. I checked the call signs, grids and lat/long in/near Fort Thomas, AZ, using QRZ.com and the HamGrid map below the map on the Detail tab of your QRZ.com listing. I found no connection that either of them could be mixed up with your call sign, grid or lat/long, e.g. by a typo, slip of the finger or similar "accidents", so I am at a loss trying to understand why exactly you see your map location in the wrong place, while others find your location where it would be exptected. I guess the QRZ Assistant somehow selects the wrong grid, but I do not understand why it selects the wrong grid just for you, the listed.

I guess Fred will have to look into this one, when he is back from his weekend break.

73 Frode LA6VQ

6. AA3SO

AA3SO Ham Member QRZ Page

Works great.

7. G0UUU

G0UUU Ham Member QRZ Page

Yes, it's a strange one. Thanks for the suggestions though Frode. Much appreciated.

73, Phil.

8. KD2MIC

KD2MIC Ham Member QRZ Page

At first glance it looks good. I agree with other that some functionality is needed, primarily the lookup -> log of contacts. Something I could really use when I go portable.
    Nice job on the UI/UX .

9. 4X1ST

4X1ST XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Yep - vast improvement. It's a great tool to have. Would also love to see a quick log function in a future release. At the moment I do most of my logging via the qrz.com web interface, which isn't really optimized for mobile.

10. W0VTT

W0VTT Platinum Subscriber Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

Thanks Fred! Works fine on Galaxy S-7, Android 7.0. I especially like the way the map feature works.

11. K1SZO

K1SZO XML Subscriber QRZ Page

I've installed and re-installed this app. It says QRZ Assistant when I'm installing it, but once it's installed the icon says QRZDriod and it doesn't look like the images that are shown. It is just a black screen with a lookup.

Google Pixel 2

[​IMG]

12. K3FHP

K3FHP XML Subscriber QRZ Page

THIS IS AN HONEST QUESTION, NOT A COMPLAINT

Why do all the web sites want you to use THEIR application rather than just the browser, which has worked well for years(Murphy says if it ain't broke.....).

K3FHP, Dave

K2NCC likes this.
  13. KT4FQ

KT4FQ Ham Member QRZ Page

I am not getting the screens you show Fred. It is just black back ground with white letters. I am using samsung s8

73 Jim KT4FQ

14. LA6VQ

Jim,
    It seems like you are still on the QRZ Droid, the previous version of this app, which had white letters on black background. You need to register as a beta tester and go to Google Play and search for QRZ Assistant to receive the beta version with the new pages.

73 Frode LA6VQ

15. LA6VQ

Did you enlist as a beta tester before installing/reinstalling? Until QRZ Assistant is approved as a release, you need to download it from the beta testing area of Google Play, available only if you have registered as a beta tester for the app in question. Until then, you receive the old QRZ Droid, which is available as an ordinary release.

73 Frode LA6VQ

K1SZO likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.