QRZ Announces Secondary Callsign and LoTW Support

Discussion in 'Amateur Radio News' started by AA7BQ, May 17, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: L-MFJ
ad: l-BCInc
ad: l-assoc
ad: Subscribe
  1. N6JRZ

N6JRZ Ham Member QRZ Page

LOTW integration has always been available to subscribers that's nothing new. I know because when I got my SSDI settlement not only did I begin obtaining my current station, I subbed here for what I thought was 2 years. I was downloading my logbook here and then uploading it to LOTW. However, when my sub lapsed, I was no longer able to DL my logs from here in order to upload them to LOTW which is rather disappointing to say the least. I guess I misunderstood the announcement Fred posted about it. I was lead to believe that non subbed folks could now DL their logs w/o a sub and begin uploading to LOTW.
    I guess I'm back in the same boat, again!!
    Tnx any ways for something that has always been available to subbed folks!

2. N0AMT

N0AMT Platinum Subscriber Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

Sorry Joe, it seems there's a misunderstanding. It's true, ADIF download from QRZ Logbook has always been a feature for subscribers. What we've just announced is automated importing to LoTW direct from QRZ Logbook. Subscribers no longer need to download their ADIF, pick the QSOs out that they want to send to LoTW, sign with TQSL, then upload to ARRL.

Instead, they can just select the QSOs in QRZ Logbook and click "Send to LoTW." -- QRZ takes care of the rest.

I do understand that you would prefer it to be a free feature. I'm sorry that is not the case.

On the bright side, subscriptions are cheap! Less than $2.50 per month! LoTW integration is only a small part of what you get with an XML subscription.

3. N8CGY

N8CGY XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Progressive....awesome!

4. KB2HSH

KB2HSH Ham Member QRZ Page

FANTASTIC!!!!!!!

Thank you for all of the "value added" features you're adding!!!

I HAVE to become a paid member now!

73 de KB2HSH
    Springbrook, NY

5. K0GID

K0GID Ham Member QRZ Page

I have tried several times to set up the LOTW import certificate. I have received two different error messages, one is "the LotW Certificate/key you provided is invalid" the other says the information in the file does not match the qrz information. I only have the one call sign so not sure how to rectify this. K0GID

6. N0AMT

Are you using the p12 file as outlined in the quick start guide? (Red "Help" button on the LoTW Setup page)

If so, and you still get that error, your certificate is not valid. From TQSL Developer:
    From there you can follow the instructions in the quick start guide.

7. K9PLG

K9PLG XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Just setup my LOTW, uploaded my Cert. Submitted a couple of contacts and it Worked awesome first time for me !!! Great Work !!

Thanks & 73,

K9PLG

8. KC2UGV

KC2UGV Ham Member QRZ Page

LoTW integration alone is reason enough for me to become a subscriber.

9. K0STK

K0STK Ham Member QRZ Page

Nice way of undermining the security of LoTW.

10. N0AMT

This does not undermine the security of LoTW in any way. Your digital certificates from LoTW are kept private, and used with TQSL to sign your logs.

You still have to request the certificate, save it, and send it to us.

K0STK -- my previous employer was the Department of Defense -- my job was IT Security. I can assure you that I take security very seriously, and that the security of LoTW has not been undermined.

It should also be noted that we worked WITH various contacts at ARRL to get this working. They had no concerns.

So, if you still believe that we have somehow undermined LoTW's security, feel free to send me an email explaining specifically which step in the process has undermined their security and how.

Last edited: May 20, 2014
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.