ad: TinyPaddle-1

QRZ Announces Secondary Callsign and LoTW Support

Discussion in 'Amateur Radio News' started by AA7BQ, May 17, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: abrind-2
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-2
ad: Left-3
ad: Radclub22-2
  1. N0AMT

N0AMT Ham Member QRZ Page

Are you using the p12 file as outlined in the quick start guide? (Red "Help" button on the LoTW Setup page)

If so, and you still get that error, your certificate is not valid. From TQSL Developer:
    From there you can follow the instructions in the quick start guide.

2. K9PLG

K9PLG Ham Member QRZ Page

Just setup my LOTW, uploaded my Cert. Submitted a couple of contacts and it Worked awesome first time for me !!! Great Work !!

Thanks & 73,

K9PLG

3. KC2UGV

KC2UGV Ham Member QRZ Page

LoTW integration alone is reason enough for me to become a subscriber.

4. K0STK

K0STK Ham Member QRZ Page

Nice way of undermining the security of LoTW.

5. N0AMT

N0AMT Ham Member QRZ Page

This does not undermine the security of LoTW in any way. Your digital certificates from LoTW are kept private, and used with TQSL to sign your logs.

You still have to request the certificate, save it, and send it to us.

K0STK -- my previous employer was the Department of Defense -- my job was IT Security. I can assure you that I take security very seriously, and that the security of LoTW has not been undermined.

It should also be noted that we worked WITH various contacts at ARRL to get this working. They had no concerns.

So, if you still believe that we have somehow undermined LoTW's security, feel free to send me an email explaining specifically which step in the process has undermined their security and how.

Last edited: May 20, 2014
  6. KC2UGV

KC2UGV Ham Member QRZ Page

Rule #1 of PKI: Never trust your private key to a third party.

That being said, the certificates offered nothing in the way of security, and merely guaranteed identity (Sorta).

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.