QRZ Announces Secondary Callsign and LoTW Support

Discussion in 'Amateur Radio News' started by AA7BQ, May 17, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: l-assoc
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Subscribe
ad: Left-2
ad: l-BCInc
ad: Left-3
  1. W2TMD

W2TMD Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

How Long does it take for the key to be stored. I stored the lic key but it doesn't show. No password was used.

2. G3SQU

G3SQU Ham Member QRZ Page

This is great for my /P within UK and my non-UK DXCC operations, but as a G call (G3SQU, England) I can't figure out how to deal with my operations in Scotland using my GM call (GM3SQU/A or /P), which is a separate DXCC entity though operating under the same licence. UK licensing regulations presently and for many, many years have stated that within the UK the appropriate prefix (G, GI, GM, GW etc) is to be used for the station callsign according to the country of operation - the rest of the callsign (e.g. 3SQU in my case) is always unique to the individual licensee so there is no opportunity for duplication between the countries. This means that the legal requirement is that I use callsign G3SQU at my officially registered UK address (which is where I live, in England) and G3SQU/A or /P when not operating from my official address in England, and GM3SQU/A or /P when in Scotland (not GM/G3SQU or G3SQU/GM). The same applies should I operate in Northern Ireland (GI) and Wales (GW) and the rest of the UK. But QRZ does not allow me to enter GM3SQU as a separate account because only one account is permitted for any individual (I actually did create it because I couldn't figure out what else to do, but GM3SQU has now been closed by QRZ Admin). Having said all this, the licensing authority has just begun consultations which may lead to a change in the regulations, as will a 'Yes' vote for Scottish independence in the election this year! Can anyone advise on the QRZ solution to this problem?

3. KB3EJV

KB3EJV Platinum Subscriber Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

TY for the latest additions!

4. N5GJQ

N5GJQ Platinum Subscriber Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

Great! Thanks, Fred--just eliminated an extra logging step to LoTW. QRZ is an outstanding tool for hams. Use it daily.

N5GJQ in Louisiana--Land of Mudbugs and Tabasco Sauce! :)

5. W3GI

W3GI Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Followed all of the steps, the setup page shows "We DO have a key on file for your LoTW account", but the setting page still shows LoTW Access Disabled.

Help....

6. WF3J

WF3J XML Subscriber QRZ Page

I performed the steps as outlined, and it shows that it is saving my LOTW key. But, it says LOTW access is disabled and I do not have the options shown in the help guide to upload to LOTW. Is there a step I am missing in order to enable this feature?

7. N0AMT

N0AMT Platinum Subscriber Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

This has been resolved. Sorry for the delay!

8. NS3L

NS3L Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

New Problem...Error occured while signing log records.
    0 records successfully sent to LoTW.

Steve NS3L

9. WF3J

WF3J XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Mine appears to be working, thanks.

10. NS3L

NS3L Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Were you able to upload your qso's to lotw without an error message like I mentioned above??

Steve NS3L

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.