QRQ Ap on MAC

Discussion in 'OS: Mac OS' started by WA6FYD, Jan 21, 2018.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Subscribe
ad: K5AB-Elect-1
ad: Left-2
  1. WA6FYD

WA6FYD Ham Member QRZ Page

Apple Store offers QRQ Ap on MAC. I am trying to download it through Terminal but seem to strike out when password is asked for.

2. K3DCW

K3DCW QRZ Lifetime Member #212 Volunteer Moderator Platinum Subscriber Life Member QRZ Page

Why through the terminal? Why aren't you using the App Store interface in macOS?

3. K7GQ

K7GQ Subscriber QRZ Page

You can skip all that by going directly to the authors site at - https://fkurz.net/ham/qrq.html. Scroll down to the section titled
    Download, License

K3DCW likes this.
  4. WV8A

WV8A Ham Member QRZ Page

Just for fun, looked for it both on the Mac App Store and the iTunes App store . Not shown on either one by name or by search for "Morse Code." Maybe it's on a non-US App store site.

5. WV8A

WV8A Ham Member QRZ Page

I did download the macOS .dmg from the author's site. The program only runs directly from and within a Terminal window, no GUI. Pretty bare bones but interesting practice using callsigns of all sorts at different speeds. However, I could not get through the group of fifty messages, as the app hung at around #40 or so, and I had to CTL-X out of it and quit Terminal. I'm not used to copying CW on a keyboard, so even though I was copying all the calls correctly "in my head," the MBPro keyboard is not a telegraphers "Mill", so typo errors were killing my score. If there was a way, after the practice group run, to list out the calls as sent to compare with a sheet of written-down copy, I'd have done pretty well.

Chuck
    WV8A