ad: ProAudio-1

Progress on the NORTH WING of the Crest Radio Museum

Discussion in 'Ham Radio Discussions' started by WA6MHZ, Dec 18, 2014.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-2
ad: K5AB-Elect-1
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-3
ad: Subscribe
  1. WA6MHZ

WA6MHZ Subscriber QRZ Page

I actually have a 2415MHZ ATV RADIO, but its not mounted in the station!

2. AF6LJ

AF6LJ Ham Member QRZ Page

Well there ya go...
    We need to dig out that Hardline.

3. K9ASE

K9ASE XML Subscriber QRZ Page

where's the chair?:)

4. WB7OXP

WB7OXP Ham Member Volunteer DX Helper QRZ Page

PEBKAC?

a traditional tech support issue

Attached Files:

5. WA6MHZ

the Shack chair is most unusual! it has solid wooden sides and no fabric left on the chair (thanks to the PUSSES!) so that is replaced by several pieces of FOAM RUBBER! The worst thing about the chair is that the castors keep falling off. I need to JB WELD them into place! As you can't move the chair an inch without them falling off, making the chair immovable! Sue helped me clear enough debris out to actually make room for 2 chairs in the room, but there is no room for a 2nd operator at the radio station. Just an observer in the doorway. The cats are always on patrol in the radio room, looking for mice (they never found any other than stuffed ones with CATNIP In them! The chair is almost comfortable, but still it is miserable after trying to run the station for more than 8 hours at a time. I did that when the W1AW/6 event was on, and my hindquarters were quite sore from the decrepit chair. It would be very difficult to even get another chair in the room, even more difficult to find one that would hold up to the abuse it gets (from ME and the CATS!!!) The pusses like to sit in it when I am gone if they are not upstairs in the high box.

6. WN6U

WN6U Subscriber QRZ Page

Question: Which radios do the cats use? :confused:

Answer: The ones with the CAT interfaces. :rolleyes:

7. WA6MHZ

OH THOSE PUSSES!!!! I had alotta cat hair on the stuff we dug out from under the table, and the stuff in the bay window. That was where I found the 2nd 2MFM and TNC. Evidently it didn't work and I pulled it out and put in a new one with a IC-28H and a KPC-3. It turns out all that was wrong with the orignal one was a JUMPER inside the MFJ mic/tnc switch in the wrong place!! Then it worked perfectly and now is in APRS service! That is an ICOM IC-228H and KPC-9612. And I fixed the blown KPC-3 which now is ready to make into a 3rd APRS/WINLINK unit for here at work. I need to find a suitable 2M FM (as if I don't already have 200 or so of them! KPC-3s also make great APRS Trackers, which is in the KB6RATS CAN TALK mobile! I use a BYONICS Tiny Trak3 in the Town car.
    I am always on the lookout for more KPC-3s as I need to make more trackers! Need to install one in the WA6BEN mobile! That way his HOUSEWIFE can watch him drive around all day instructing students how to drive. She can watch him in real time on APRS-FI like I do the RATS CAN TALK MOBILE!

8. N2EY

N2EY Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Who is the control operator for all those trackers?

9. WA6MHZ

since both drivers a LICENSED AMATEUR RADIO OPERATORS, and they are authorized to be on those frequencies. They are the control operators! Just as I am for the tracker in my car!

10. N2EY

N2EY Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

There's no need to SHOUT at me, Pat.

What if someone else drives the car?

Do the trackers work whenever the car is driven?