Progress on the NORTH WING of the Crest Radio Museum

Discussion in 'Ham Radio Discussions' started by WA6MHZ, Dec 18, 2014.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-3
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: Left-2
ad: Subscribe
ad: K5AB-Elect-1
ad: L-MFJ
  1. WA6MHZ

WA6MHZ Subscriber QRZ Page

here is a view of the inside
    [​IMG]

but it is starting to fill up

Every day I bring home a trunk load of junk and toss it in the trailer

This is ONE TRUNK LOAD

[​IMG]

I put all the stuff from operating day in the trailer, including the Ultimate go Kit and Kompact KILLERWATT. I need those accessible incase they are needed.
    The windows have some sheet plastic over them now, which is OPAQUE but still lets light in so METHHEADS can't peer inside. The roof still leaks event though I took a ladder and painted the perimeter with a thick layer of white roof goop. STill a couple of spots that need more goop, but need for the rain to stop.

This Saturday I am borrowing my brother in laws Tundra TRUCK to haul massive amounts of radios on up the hill. This will be a LONG process as I can only carry a pickup bed full at one time. There are still hundreds of boxes to be shoehorned into it. Notice the foam down around the floorline. That hopefuly will keep the WIDDERS out, or most of them. I still need to do something about the front door as ther is a big gap under it that WIDDERS can walk right in. SO once widders get a stronghold in it, it won't be safe to go into. But atleast the junk won't be at work where it is is subject to being tossed in the dumpster.

2. AF6LJ

AF6LJ Ham Member QRZ Page

Getting there. Try to remember to balance the load on the floor to keep one part of the trailer from being heavier than the rest, this will help in uniform settling.

3. WA6MHZ

the heavy stuff will be the Heathkit TX-1 Apache, Marauder and Hallicrafters SX-28. the rest will accumulate wieght but not be too heavy

4. W5INC

W5INC XML Subscriber QRZ Page

I'm betting on the over. It won't be long there Mr. Pat till you have that space full of AR "stuff" it looks like. Are you going thru all of the boxes, taking pics of the contents and numbering cataloging the items/boxes, so you can find what you are searching for in the future? :)

5. WA6MHZ

the boxes are vaguely labled to make it easier on the handlers of the ESTATE (Electrolytic caps, resistors, coils, ICs, mics, etc.)

6. W1GUH

W1GUH Ham Member QRZ Page

Sue implied that that's a trailer? Why not take it to load up on the spot?

7. AF6LJ

AF6LJ Ham Member QRZ Page

It is one of those construction office trailers, it wouldn't stand the load if shifted and it would shift.

8. K9ASE

K9ASE XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Too bad you don't have a way to get it home our town is giving another one away.

9. K4PIH

K4PIH Ham Member QRZ Page

Well at least the widders would keep the meth heads out?

10. N2EY

N2EY Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Is there a plan to put any sort of wallboard on the walls, or covering on the subfloor?

How about shelves?