ad: CQMM-1

Programming Yaesu FT-2DR

Discussion in 'Amateur Radio News' started by WJ6F, Apr 22, 2017.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-2
ad: abrind-2
ad: Left-3
ad: Radclub22-2
  1. WJ6F

WJ6F Ham Member QRZ Page

While it is nice and simple programming the Yaesu FT-2DR on your computer, do you know how to program your FT2dr without the aid of a computer? This video will help you do just that!

FT2D_yaesu__13.jpg

2. N0ZNA

N0ZNA Ham Member QRZ Page

Really like mine

WJ6F likes this.
  3. WJ6F

WJ6F Ham Member QRZ Page

I like how easy it is to use this radio. I honestly thought it would be much more difficult to setup/program.

4. N0ZNA

N0ZNA Ham Member QRZ Page

I use it more for aprs,but use fusion a bit also.Great ht.

WJ6F likes this.
  5. WJ6F

WJ6F Ham Member QRZ Page

APRS does work very well. "Connects" to the satellites a lot faster than my FT-1DR.

N0ZNA likes this.
  6. M0TLI

M0TLI Ham Member QRZ Page

A shame they used such a low contrast display as it really let's the product down in my opinion. Also very misleading the way it is almost always pictured as having a high contrast display in any advertising.

AZSCIENCE, AD5KO and WJ6F like this.
  7. K3JAE

K3JAE Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

I agree the only complaint I have is the not so good contrast. Hopefully they will eventually send out a patch to resolve this and allow for a better contrast setting.

WJ6F likes this.
  8. WJ6F

WJ6F Ham Member QRZ Page

I have to have my FT-2 screen replaced so I will let you know if the hopefully "newer" screen is any better. I think I will have them do an update as well.

9. KR6AUL

KR6AUL XML Subscriber QRZ Page

There is a new firmware update released today however it does not solve the contrast screen. Be aware of the following

If you update this firmware, current programming software ADMS-8 (Version 1.0.0.2) cannot be used. We plan to publish programming software compatible with the updated DG-ID function firmware on the web site around 9/22/2017.

• When updating this firmware, please note that the group functions cannot be used with the C4FM digital transceiver which has not been updated. • Because the memory is initialized by executing "ALL RESET" when the firmware is updated, be sure to back up the memory channels (select Setup - Menu / SD card / MEMORY CH) to the SD card before updating. When you load the memory channels from the SD card after updating, the backed up memory channels will be imported to the transceiver.

• The set mode will be initialized, so please make your personal settings again after the update. • After updating the firmware, the clone operation cannot be performed with a transceiver that has not been updated. After updating, the clone operation is effective only between transceivers that have the updated firmware.

WJ6F likes this.
  10. WJ6F

WJ6F Ham Member QRZ Page

Thanks for this info! I updated my FT-1, FT-2 and FTM-400 this week. Only software issue I had was with the ADMS-6 for the FT-1.

11. KR6AUL

Yeah, Does not look like they have updated the programming software as of today at 1:57 PM. Make sure you do a backup on an SD card before you update or you might loose your programmed data.

12. WB2LBV

WB2LBV Subscriber QRZ Page

Just an FYI, Yaesu has now posted new versions of the programming software for all of the affected radios, including the FT-1 and FT-2.

13. KR6AUL

Careful, when I uploaded the firmware, I can no longer use my sd card to download the backup or use my programming cable. Not sure what the issue is but I sent an email to Yaesu hoping to get a solution otherwise, I have to reprogram it by hand. Not difficult but teedious

14. KR6AUL

Here is an update from Yaesu Tech support:

"The fix is on its way from Japan. When it is available, it will be posted on the FT-2DR FILES page at www.yaesu.com"