ad: ProAudio-1

Problems With ALPHA 8410

Discussion in 'Amateur Radio Amplifiers' started by W3XAF, Mar 29, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: K5AB-Elect-1
ad: Left-3
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: Subscribe
ad: Left-2
ad: L-MFJ
  1. AG6K

AG6K QRZ Member QRZ Page

]

 chortle.

2. W3XAF

W3XAF Platinum Subscriber Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

Well, Chris my friend. I'm truly sorry that you're having a problem with your nose. The reason I haven't answered all the negative posts about me is because I just logged on to this forum again only yesterday and then I read all the ridiculously antagonistic posts by people who were in diapers when I got my first ham license in 1958.

I was in contact with ALPHA from day one. I had a "LEMON" and ALPHA finally admitted that they shipped me a bad amplifier. I sent that 8410 back to ALPHA, they fixed it for me and then sent it back to me. It is working fine now.

3. W3XAF

Yes, I bought it from ALPHA. The amplifier was brand new and the warranty is still good.

4. W3XAF

Who said I replaced the fuse with one of higher value? Where did you get that idea from?

5. W3XAF

Thank you for your "expert" advice. Who said I didn't stop and troubleshoot the problem? I was in contact with ALPHA Tech Support from day one of my problems with my ALPHA.

6. W3XAF

Thank you for your "expert" advice. I replaced the fuse because ALPHA had supplied the wrong type of 2 Amp fuses with my ALPHA 8410.

7. AG6K

AG6K QRZ Member QRZ Page

 If the wrong type of fuses were installed at the Alpha factory, why didn't they blow during Final Test at the factory? This leads me to suspect that there was an anomaly. . . . Where was the 2A fuse in the amplifier circuitry? Tnx.

8. W3XAF

Yes, you are correct. I telephoned ALPHA the first day that I had problems with my amplifier and was in contact with their tech support people almost every day.[QUOTE=W1QJ;2506979]Thanks for sharing your story with us. Your amp is litle more than a month old. It should still be under warranty!! I think it is time to call Alpha and tell them this story. For what you paid for that amp I would be barking up their tree instead of this one. Honestly, call them without delay![/QUOTE]

9. W3XAF

That's a good question but with more than 50 years of experience repairing and operating electronic equipment, I know that a problem with electronic equipment can surface because of the existing conditions at a new location, i.e., my house and my operating methods. However, ALPHA Tech Support already admitted to me in their AMPLIFIER REPAIR REPORT that the wrong fuse was included with my Alpha. By the way, I have absolutely no idea exactly where those 2 Amp fuses were in the amplifier circuit. ALPHA did not include any schematics with my amplifier.

10. AC0OB

AC0OB Subscriber QRZ Page

Hi Ken,

We're glad Alpha fixed the problem but your first message seemed to indicate you wanted help or advice.

If you were simply making a comment and wanted no answers, why not let us know that fact and that you had been in contact with Alpha and were sending it back?

Don't criticise us for your lack of information.

Phil

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.