ad: CQMM-1

Problem of radio noise raised at ITU

Discussion in 'Amateur Radio News' started by G4TUT/SK2022, Oct 28, 2019.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-2
ad: L-MFJ
ad: abrind-2
ad: Left-3
ad: Radclub22-2
  1. KX5JT

KX5JT XML Subscriber QRZ Page

I'm not in a very bad area for radio reception but I'm also well aware of the growing problems with the noise floor growing on the spectrum from man-made sources. This one of many reasons I am studying hard to learn the Morse Code. Those tight filters help.

K0PV/SK2023 likes this.
  2. W0PV

W0PV Ham Member QRZ Page

We are bound to have problems with electromagnetic smog as long as, in the words (in "IEEE Transactions on EMC," October 1964) of Rexford Daniels, president of Interference Consultants, "we try to fit a microvolt civilization into a millivolt world."

Some topics never change - Interference from Left Field March 1970 Popular Electronics Article

3. VK3QB

VK3QB XML Subscriber QRZ Page

4. KO6KL

KO6KL XML Subscriber QRZ Page

you can get the noise under control when you force the utility company line men to use low band AM radio frequency's for 2 way radio.
    Once the power company and phone company started using UHF radio for 2-way dispatch RFI wasn't there problem anymore....
    my bumper sticker says
    I have a ham radio tower and i vote every time.

5. M0PAM

M0PAM Ham Member QRZ Page

Hi it is nice to read all this and thinking back after all the crap I had with next door. We must remember our licences is only payid once in the life time where has wher I come from you have to pay your licence every year.
    I am ware that one fellow ham complain to RSGB about a noise coming from a next door neighbour and the reply from RSGB was " BUY YOUR NEIGHBOUR a new telly. If we
    had to pay every year for the licence maaybe we had a better chance, so I presume we have to put up with what we got and get

6. MI0GTA

MI0GTA XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Just an update Kevin.
    I raised another ticket with Ofcom because the noise now has started to wipe out 20m and 17m so they got onto BT about it and I got a call today from Dave at Ofcom telling me BT will be out to sort out the noise problem this week.

FINGER'S CROSSED... LIVE IN HOPE, DIE IN DISPAIR hihi

I'll post details here as and when they show up and tell me what they've done and then i'll see how 80m and 40m sound.
    Stevie
    MI0GTA

7. M6ENP

M6ENP XML Subscriber QRZ Page

bloody marvellous Stevie, i have always found that starting @ the very top of a organisation helps,as shit tends to flow downhill harder than if you attempt to throw it uphill, if you get my drift :), pps there is a callsign change this side, i am now a holder of G2KS callsign ,having passed my full @ the rsgb convention and getting the g2 from Ofcom, keep me posted best of luck 73s Kevin m6enp& g2ks

MI0GTA likes this.
  8. MI0GTA

MI0GTA XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Good stuff on the full license Kevin, Congratulations.. Yep finger's crossed they sort it out and do it correctly... I couldn't get anywhere with BT so I thought to hell with it and raised another ticket to Ofcom, I put in a furious complaint about the way it was handled in the first place by the 2 so called engineer's who visited 4 time then left with no resolve or attempt to resolve it so I think that's what made them sit up and take notice, In saying that 20m and 17m haven't been that bad now for the last day or so re the noise level but when it happens it happens big time. 40&80 are still a no go.. anyway, here's hoping.. I'll let you know the score about what happens later.... cu on 80m one evening for a yarn... G2KS 73de MI0GTA ….