pressure relief for paint can load?

Discussion in 'Amateur Radio Amplifiers' started by W1BR, Feb 2, 2018.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-2
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: Left-3
ad: Subscribe
ad: L-MFJ
  1. WA7PRC

WA7PRC Ham Member QRZ Page

It's good enough for my purposes.
    First, to make it worth doing, I'd have to purchase some gear that works above 30 MHz. At the moment (if ever), that's not happening.

2. K6BRN

K6BRN XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Steven (WB2WIK):

Hope you are not joking, because I will try.

Thank you!

Brian - K6BRN

3. K6BRN

K6BRN XML Subscriber QRZ Page

OK, Bryan! (WA7PRC)

I just about fell over backwards laughing when I saw your lookup count on QRZ. "4,294,967,295" Wow! Left a script running, did we? Either that or I REALLY want some antenna advice from you!

BTW - you mention on QRZ that you prefer to go by your nickname, but don't say what it is. Might want to put it in your QRZ bio.

Looked at your web page describing the 1.5 KW load you built. VERY SLICK. A nice piece of equipment and looks much better done than most of the commercial amateur radio terminations out there. You do very nice work.

Best Regards,

Brian - K6BRN

4. G3YRO

G3YRO Ham Member QRZ Page

Saw one of those at a local rally for £80 !

Fair enough if you are building or repairing a LOT of amplifiers, and need to do a LOT of testing at full power . . .

I just couldn't see why the average Amateur needs a really high power Dummy Load.

I really only used mine when I had end-fed half-wave antennas that were obviously fed via an ATU. . . . I would tune & load the Amp into the dummy load before switching to the ATU . . . but that would only take a couple of seconds.

Roger G3YRO

Last edited: Feb 4, 2018