ad: M2Ant-1

power limits?

Discussion in 'On-Air Operations - Q&A' started by KD0QLL, Sep 24, 2016.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: Left-3
ad: Left-2
ad: Subscribe
ad: l-assoc
ad: L-MFJ
  1. ND6M

ND6M Ham Member QRZ Page

Well, whatever you do, Don't use these rules. They are out of date and not accurate

2. AC0OB

AC0OB Subscriber QRZ Page

Another Jokster?

Title 47 – Part 97
    Subpart A—General Provisions
    § 97.1
    Basis and purpose.

The rules and regulations in this part are designed to provide an amateur radio service having a fundamental purpose as expressed in the following principles:

(a) Recognition and enhancement of the value of the amateur service to the public as a voluntary noncommercial communication
    service, particularly with respect to providing emergency communications.
    (b) Continuation and extension of the amateur's proven ability to contribute to the advancement of the radio art.
    (c) Encouragement and improvement of the amateur service through rules which provide for advancing skills in both the communication
    and technical phases of the art.
    (d) Expansion of the existing reservoir within the amateur radio service of trained operators, technicians, and electronics experts.
    (e) Continuation and extension of the amateur's unique ability to enhance international goodwill.

3. G3YRO

G3YRO Ham Member QRZ Page

So how do you know what Class of licence a US Amateur has?

Here in Britain you can tell by the type of callsign.

Also, re-issue of pre-WW2 British 2-letter callsigns is very rarely allowed, unless it was your Dad, or a special club station.

Roger G3YRO

4. KA7RRA

KA7RRA Platinum Subscriber Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

Some time by the call,but you have to look it up to see what it is

5. KJ5T

KJ5T Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

In the US Extra class are the only ones who will have 1x2 or 2x1 calls. If they have a 2x2 they may be advanced or extra, if the have a 1x3 or 2x3 call they may be Technician or higher. It might be possible that a 2x3 was a Novice but not many Novice left. If you care you can look it up, but I figure if I am working someone they have permission to be there, no need to check, if they are in violation that is their issue no skin off my back.

6. WA9SVD

WA9SVD Ham Member QRZ Page

`11 Meters" is no longer an amateur allocation; so NO operation is allowed there by amateurs, with amateur equipment, regardless of power level. It generically was assigned to the Class D CB service. And if I recall, currently, legal CB operation requires NO license or call sign.

"11 Meters" for CB is just as legitimate as saying "10 Meters" or "20 Meters" for amateur operations.