ad: elecraft

Poet/Philosopher 2019 Grammy Lifetime Technical Achievement Winner, WA2IKL

Discussion in 'Amateur Radio News' started by N2KS, Nov 14, 2019.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: abrind-2
ad: Radclub22-2
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-3
ad: Left-2
  1. N2KS

N2KS Ham Member QRZ Page

Richard ("RIKL") is the only signal on the band for lots of thoughts, ideas and inventions.... the digital delay line, Harmonizer, (a company called Eventide), a 30 meter tower that became the bane of the Home Owner's Association in Sedona... and a lot else. We met in QRQ CW when we were wee little wons and haven't been able to QRX since.

His RIKLBLOG blog is a-m-a-z-i-n-g.... but let's start with 3 of the most recent (and work backwards, should you like).

http://priups.com/riklblog/jun19/190617-internet-what-if.htm
    http://priups.com/riklblog/oct19/191013-what-if-ham.htm
    http://priups.com/riklblog/oct19/191027-what-am-i-up-to.htm

Ken rikl.jpg

K1MIX, KG4BFR and W0PV like this.
  2. W1YW

W1YW Ham Member QRZ Page

No hype:

Richard is all that and more.

And Eventide is still a diverse and innovative company, known for recording studio (audio) and stomp box 'ouboard' gear ( I have their amazing H9), and also by the public safety community for digital recording and management systems for 911 and related activities. Eventide is commonly at IWCE and APCO, I believe, amongst others..presumably NAMM.

Now--we need to get KEN to tell us about the early daze of Harold Lookovsky, jazz recording , and the Left Banke;-)!

Last edited: Nov 14, 2019
  3. W1YW

W1YW Ham Member QRZ Page

Bellrock copy.jpg Love Sedona!

WB3EBN, W2KG and K3EY like this.
  4. K3EY

K3EY Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

5. W1YW

W1YW Ham Member QRZ Page

At least she's not an ET from one of the glowing UFO orbs ...;-)

Not to mention the black helo's.

6. K3EY

Nope, flesh and blood born with the gift or curse depending on your view.

No matter it’s who she is.

W1YW likes this.
  7. W1YW

W1YW Ham Member QRZ Page

Curse methinks. Sometimes you want your mind to be your exclusive domain and not a door to the outside. Analogy-- writing a book with the tv on.....just distracting.

Not commenting based on speculation. But hey---I am a scientist so 'that stuff doesn't exist' is the party line.

Sedona is a very unusual place.

;-)

8. K3EY

Trust me it's not fun at times but such individuals have zero choice, it's truly who they are.

To every positive there is a negative.

Example: driving a vehicle KNOWING what some wack job is thinking—and it isn’t on driving--
    right next to you on a freeway at 60 plus mph. That, can make you a nervous wreck for obvious reasons.

She hates shopping this time of year when everyone is hurried, broke, frustrated, just miserable
    about spending money they don't have. She calls it BAD energy and refuses to shop at all, this time
    of year. It's all online.

W1YW likes this.
  9. K3EY

Yep hard for you to swallow, I understand.

SRI International Menlo Park, CA funded by CIA for years using psychics for real world results.

I was indifferent to that stuff until I married her. Then I saw, heard and even smelled things that are impossible.

The world is not black and white. Most people think it's crap, until they themselves experience the unexplained
    and then their attitude completely changes.

It’s sort of like quantum mechanics, best I can explain it. After all we are nothing more than particles.

VK5FUSE likes this.
  10. W1YW

W1YW Ham Member QRZ Page

See e-mail sent:) Offline.

11. KD2ACO

KD2ACO QRZ Lifetime Member #174 Platinum Subscriber Life Member QRZ Page

Richard is truly a funny guy. I know a few people who have worked for him over the years.

At his birthday party about 20 years ago, I casually mentioned that it was my birthday too and he wanted me to pay him rent. :p

N2KS, KG4ZAR, VK5FUSE and 2 others like this.
  12. KD2ACO

KD2ACO QRZ Lifetime Member #174 Platinum Subscriber Life Member QRZ Page