Please help to identify this BOCK microphone?

Discussion in 'Microphones, Speakers & Audio Processing' started by BOBBYSRABBIT, Sep 9, 2018.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: Left-3
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-2
ad: Subscribe
  1. BOBBYSRABBIT

BOBBYSRABBIT QRZ Member

Hi

I was looking on google for a microphone collectors site and your popped up.

Could you help me with this microphone? I bought it at a flea market and my intention is to sell it on. The microphone has BOCK around the top. I've researched Bock microphones, though I can not seem to find this particular microphone.

I have attached some photos. Your help would be greatly appreciated.

Do you think it is a Bock or some kind of copy?

Kind regards

Richard

Attached Files:

2. WR2E

WR2E Ham Member QRZ Page

Being a wireless microphone you would need a receiver for it, did you get that too?

Looks as if it's missing the part that screws onto the bottom to cover the battery.

Somehow I don't think you're going to make a killing on that one.

3. W7UUU

W7UUU Super Moderator Lifetime Member 133 Administrator Volunteer Moderator Platinum Subscriber Life Member QRZ Page

It took you way longer to post those pictures than it took me to find the Bock Microphone site :)

I suggest you try contacting them for more information. Or hit up an audio forum. This is a bunch of ham radio folks and we really don't use "wireless microphones" of that flavor. That's a presentation / announcing / stage microphone.

http://www.bockaudio.com/

Good luck in your quest - hope the sales goes well

Dave
    W7UUU

4. KF5FEI

KF5FEI Ham Member QRZ Page

Looks like a Chinese POS copy of another company's wireless mic. If you look on Alibaba, FleaBay, Banggood, etc... you will likely find 47 different Chinglish brand names for the same item - LuckyGood, WorkMore, GoodSpec, etc...

Dave -- name same, logo different, materials / finish different.

5. W7UUU

W7UUU Super Moderator Lifetime Member 133 Administrator Volunteer Moderator Platinum Subscriber Life Member QRZ Page

Gotcha. So typical Chinese ripoff. Thought it might be after I did a few more Googles

Either way, not worth much

Dave
    W7UUU

6. WE4E

WE4E Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

I've never known David Bock to make anything other than high end boutique studio condenser mics.

7. BOBBYSRABBIT

BOBBYSRABBIT QRZ Member

Yeah, thanks for the replies. It was worth a punt, soon as I saw the Bock sign. Only cost a buck. That should've told me it was what it is. You only get what you pay for, and if its too good to be true, it probably is. The Chinese would copy their own grandmothers and sell 'em.

8. BOBBYSRABBIT

BOBBYSRABBIT QRZ Member

Thank you, Dave.