Please add FT8 mode

Discussion in 'Logbook User Forum' started by KG2C, Jul 2, 2017.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: l-gcopper
ad: Subscribe
ad: L-rfparts
  1. K8YK

K8YK Ham Member QRZ Page

So when is FT8 being added?

2. W1DQ

W1DQ QRZ Staff / Logbook Administrator Volunteer Moderator Platinum Subscriber Volunteer DX Helper QRZ Page

Not until it is listed by ADIF in their latest specification release, whenever that happens.

3. N6PAT

N6PAT Platinum Subscriber Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

For now I'm logging my FT8 contacts as RTTY as I don't use that. Then when FT8 is added I know which ones to change.

Also for LOTW I added a mapping spec to TQSL to map FT8 to DATA so it will upload.

4. KP4SX

KP4SX XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Seems to work for me.
    qrzlogbook.jpg

5. N4TTN

N4TTN Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

You imported those though. The drop down to manually add one isn't there yet and won't be until the ADIF specification is approved.

6. AG7GX

AG7GX Ham Member QRZ Page

I've been logging mine as JT9 and then putting FT8 in the comments. But now I'm finding that it's really causing confusion with my contacts because our log entries don't match up. :(

AF4K likes this.
  7. AF4K

AF4K Ham Member QRZ Page

AMEN!! Please add FT8 mode! Thousands of us are using it!
    Please also add T10 mode! - Bry AF4K

8. KM6JD

KM6JD XML Subscriber QRZ Page

The FT8 mode is now being recognized by QRZ.com and eQSL. But when I try to send my QRZ logged FT8 QSO's to LoTW it gives me an error message. Does anyone else have this problem? FT8 sure is a fun mode especially when using the auto sequencer function.
    73 Sal KM6JD

9. VE3TMT

VE3TMT Ham Member QRZ Page

I uploaded my FT8 QSO's last night only to find the 20m and 40m frequencies are off by 1 KHz. If I try to edit the entry, it saves it as an AM QSO!!!

Not sure how they got entered incorrectly, I used OmniRig, and the drop down table in WSJT. Radio always showed 14.074 etc.

10. KK2DOG

KK2DOG XML Subscriber QRZ Page

No joy from LoTW either.