ad: AxlesAnt-1

Please add /AG to my callsign

Discussion in 'QRZ.COM Callsign Database Helpers' started by KF7TAL, Jan 10, 2019.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Subscribe
ad: Left-2
ad: l-assoc
ad: Left-3
  1. KF7TAL

KF7TAL Ham Member QRZ Page

I just passed my general yesterday and am operating as KF7TAL/AG currently. Please add it to my account.

2. EB1BSV

EB1BSV Volunteer / Dx Helper/ Moderator / Lifetime Member Volunteer Moderator Life Member Platinum Subscriber Volunteer DX Helper QRZ Page

Good morning Matthew, nice to meet you, :)

KF7TAL/AG has been added to our database.

If you have further questions, please, do not hesitate to contact us again.

73, Julio C├ęsar. EB1BSV / KI7HPQ

3. KF7TAL

Hi Julio,

I see https://www.qrz.com/db/KF7TAL/AG now and that it has a link to my page and vice versa. I also now see KF7TAL/AG listed as a secondary Callsign on my account page and that I can edit that the KF7TAL/AG page.

However, when I try to import an ADIF file into my Logbook that has contacts as KF7TAL/AG it gives an error saying:
    Is there a way to have KF7TAL/AG added not as a secondary callsign with it's own duplicate page, but as a "special suffix" that would allow me to have a single Logbook and page with entries that both do and don't have suffix?

Matt

4. EB1BSV

EB1BSV Volunteer / Dx Helper/ Moderator / Lifetime Member Volunteer Moderator Life Member Platinum Subscriber Volunteer DX Helper QRZ Page

Hello Matt, :)

I have created a logbook for KF7TAL/AG. You need two logbooks because the contacts are different.
    Let me know if it works now

Julio

5. KF7TAL

How are the contacts different? /AG doesn't mean I'm operating in a special way (portable, low power, etc.), it just means the FCC hasn't processed my CSCE yet.

6. KF7TAL

Also, could you help me understand the difference between a "Secondary Callsign" and "Special Suffix / Prefix Callsign" as qrz.com defines it? I feel like I'm missing something here.

Matt

7. EB1BSV

Matt,

A separate logbook must exist for each unique callsign and date range. The callsign is that used in the QSO on a specific date/time.

The callsign KF7TAL is uniquely different from KF7TAL/AG.

One can only import KF7TAL QSOs in the KF7TAL logbook and vice versa for KF7TAL/AG. They cannot be combined into the same logbook.

It may be possible that a callsign might be issued to another at a different time period, in which case a separate logbook having the same callsign but differing date range is required.

A secondary callsign is an additional callsign, past or present, owned by the QRZ user.

A prefix or suffix might be added to a callsign provided there is only one "/" mark in the callsign. For example: CT1/KF7TAL or KF7TAL/AG, but not CT1/KF7TAL.AG
    In your case, two logbooks are sufficient:
    KF7TAL/AG
    KF7TAL
    each having their own date range.