ad: Flexradio-1

Discussion in 'Discussions, Opinions & Editorials' started by W5NIG, Aug 30, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-assoc
ad: l-Waters
ad: l-innov
ad: l-gcopper
ad: L-rfparts
ad: l-rl
  1. W5NIG

W5NIG Ham Member QRZ Page

This has probably been around a lot but it's new to me! [​IMG]

2. Guest

Guest Guest

Yes, it has been around, but worth repeating. Would sure solve a lot of probems.

3. K6UEY

K6UEY Ham Member QRZ Page

Just what the modern MOM needs while she is driving the kids to their soccer game ..... [​IMG]
  4. N0XAS

N0XAS Ham Member QRZ Page

The first part of that is pretty clear, but "DB 88"?
  5. AI4EP

AI4EP Ham Member QRZ Page

[​IMG] .... i want one !!! ...
  6. Guest

Guest Guest

7. Guest

Guest Guest

The truth will out.
  8. N8CPA

N8CPA Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Five years ago, I performed system tests on Autoplex II cellular systems.  I wanted so badly to take picture of the system with an original Autoplex.  The caption would have read, "Okay, where does this plug in?"

-.-. .- -. -.-- --- ..- .... . .- .-. -- . -. --- .-- ..--..
    --. ..- -.. ...-.

Steve [​IMG]
  9. N5TJD

N5TJD Ham Member QRZ Page

I like the first part... but can someone elaborate on the last part? I'd love to see the kind of "hands free" device they'd make for that phone. [​IMG]
  10. Guest

Guest Guest

, "Okay, where does this plug in?"

When I find a slide rule at a  yard sale I ask where the battery goes.

11. AG3Y

AG3Y Ham Member QRZ Page

OK, Tom, I'll bite, How many slide rules have you ever found at a yard sale ?

And Joe, that picture may be true about most parts of life, but as for Electronic items in particular, shouldn't the labels be turned around ? ? ?

As Tim the Toolman says, " MORE POWER  HO HO HO !  "

73 from Jim AG3Y
  12. Guest

Guest Guest

Actually, I probably see about 5 slide rules in a season. Not a high percentage, and they don't seem to be a hot item. But the memories!! [​IMG]

Tom K8ERV
  13. 9V1VV

9V1VV Ham Member QRZ Page

I've been called a Luddite at my local radio club in 9V, but it's probably faster to compose a text message using the Morse key than by the phone keypad. Each keypad has three possible characters and you must chose between them. I challenge any teenager to compose a 5-character per word ten-word message in less than a minute, whereas any decent CW op could do twice that. So much for modern communications.

Olde Colonial Pharte
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.