ad: Radclub22-1

Phyllis Randle from MFJ is interviewed by Tim Duffy, K3LR at DX Engineering

Discussion in 'Amateur Radio News' started by K8KSU, Nov 8, 2016.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-3
ad: Left-2
ad: abrind-2
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Radclub22-2
  1. K8KSU

K8KSU Ham Member QRZ Page

Published on Oct 6, 2016

Phyllis Randle from MFJ is interviewed by Tim Duffy, K3LR at DX Engineering in Tallmadge, Ohio on September 27, 2016.

Phyllis is best known as the 'Voice of MFJ' having been in customer service for almost 40 years at MFJ.

KD2DIG, KD2RON, KA2CZU and 5 others like this.
  2. N2NWS

N2NWS XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Given the history of MFJ I'm sure Phyllis has worked extremely hard.

3. KA9JLM

KA9JLM Ham Member QRZ Page

DX Engineering needs to have a soldering class for MFJ and teach them how to build quality products.

N5ZKK, KD8JMQ, AF7EC and 1 other person like this.
  4. KX8V

KX8V XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Keep up the good work Tim
    73 VIC KX8V

5. ZS6LKF

ZS6LKF Ham Member QRZ Page

Always had good products from mfj..........worked first time and still working 15y later!

6. WQ2H

WQ2H QRZ Lifetime Member #214 Platinum Subscriber Life Member QRZ Page

Never had any problem with MFJ products - specifically the meters and tuners.

But they are the company people love to hate......part of the deal I suppose.

WA4JHE likes this.
  7. N2MDA

N2MDA Ham Member QRZ Page

Phyllis you are truly a person of value at MFJ and I do hope that you get your Ham License and enjoy the radio hobby that we all love. I've been a customer and enjoyed the MFJ products with no compliants. My latest is the Solid State amplifier. Running 2 years with no problems. 73 and Thank You Phyllis.... BOB N2MDA

W9RLG likes this.
  8. W9RLG

W9RLG Ham Member QRZ Page

I too, like several other people have several MFJ products, tuner, linear power supple, microphone. All have worked out to the box, have never had a problem wth any of them. I think they are just fine. Affordable for most hams. Unlike some other product from other suppliers, the parts are readily available, and if you call them with a problem they are willing to help you out. I broke the matching tube and inside when my 6 meter antenna came dow, even thought I had bought it three years prior they sent me both parts, no questions asked, good service. Thanks MFJ!!!

Bob

9. W1YW

W1YW Ham Member QRZ Page

Phyllis,

Thanks for dealing with us:)

I am sure its been trying at times.

NU4R and G4NVM like this.
  10. NL7W

NL7W Ham Member QRZ Page

Great video interview, Tim. :)

11. W4FID

W4FID XML Subscriber QRZ Page

I have known Phyllis for about 20 years. She is the best. A person of integrity, knowledge, warm, and a hard worker who get it done from setting up at fests to following up on problems for us. There are those who have issues with MFJ as a whole (I'm not one of them my MFJ stuff has all been good and I enjoy lots of their products) but I don't recall ever hearing a single knock on Phyllis. She is what customer service should be in any line -- ham or otherwise.

12. K0YQ

K0YQ Ham Member QRZ Page

I agree with W1YW and W4FID - thanks for dealing with us for all these years Phyllis. 40 years of work in one place is pretty amazing these days. Thank you Phyllis and I really enjoyed the interview.

13. NU4R

NU4R XML Subscriber QRZ Page

<snicker>

Ya' simply gotta' love societies talking heads.

14. NU4R

NU4R XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Thank you Miss Phyllis. In my over 30 years of radio, I've owned MFJ products including the likes of several MFJ era amps. Any issue was quickly dealt with...and I believe that was a grand total of ONE! AND...I was sent the parts and allowed to repair the amp instead of dealing with the shipping debacle.

In the end, if MFJ will trust ME, why in the world would I not continue to trust them?

15. TA5FA

TA5FA Ham Member QRZ Page

great