ad: elecraft

Philippines: Amnesty for unregistered ham radio rigs

Discussion in 'Amateur Radio News' started by G4TUT/SK2022, Dec 2, 2019.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: L-MFJ
ad: abrind-2
ad: Radclub22-2
ad: Left-2
ad: Left-3
  1. G4TUT/SK2022

G4TUT/SK2022 Ham Member QRZ Page

Philippines: Amnesty for unregistered ham radio rigs

Philippines communications regulator NTC has announced an amnesty for those who haven't registered their Amateur Radio equipment

They have until December 23 to register and pay the fees which are:

A. VHF and UHF Equipment
    - Portable 500 Php
    - Mobile/Base 700 Php
    - Repeater 1000 Php

B. HF Radio Equipment 1200 Php

Read the Philippines Amateur Radio Association (PARA) post at
    https://www.para.org.ph/news-amnesty-november-2019.html

http://www.southgatearc.org/news/20...s-amnesty-for-unregistered-ham-radio-rigs.htm

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. KM1H

KM1H Ham Member QRZ Page

The FCC should charge fees with all money going to personnel, enforcement, monitoring stations, etc.

Carl

3. KL7AJ

KL7AJ Ham Member QRZ Page

Fees based on what? I have about 50 different homebrew rigs in various states of construction. Fee for completed transmitters. Receivers only? Schematics? Totally impossible to implement

4. KM1H

KM1H Ham Member QRZ Page

What ever is used to TRANSMIT on federally licensed frequencies.

Set a power limit, group discount, commercial built only, paid only when purchased new, or whatever spins your crank; my comment was just a suggestion that will need revisions Im sure.

If it cuts down on freeloading leeches then it is a good thing.

5. K0RGR

K0RGR Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

That 1200 peso fee for an HF rig equates to $240 U.S. - still a fairly hefty amount, and I bet they have to pay duty (or someone does) on equipment they buy from overseas.

6. W6RZ

W6RZ Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

I think you're off by a decimal place? I get $23.61 from Google.

7. N2SUB

N2SUB Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

How could you prove where the money was going? IMO, all the FCC hears from amateur radio is a bunch of whining. The House has the power of the purse, and I'm pretty sure they're sick of hearing about the various proposed bills certain entities are attempting to push through, year after year. While I have no doubt the government would take your money, there is little chance that a line item would go in the Federal budget for "personnel, enforcement, monitoring stations [strictly for the amateur radio service]. I understand your sentiment, but it's simply not practical IMO. Our government is better at money laundering than the mob.

KB1MCT likes this.
  8. VK4GAP

VK4GAP Ham Member QRZ Page

Yes I'm aware where and if you listen is just down the road a bit from the Philippines but i have noticed a drop off on no callsign transmissions on 40M lately , a coincidence? , that quick recording (2min 500Kb mp3) was just then at 8pm local time here , 2 main spots are used 7020KHz and 7035 , it seems its the call channels , one often hears singing male and female's and generally starts just below 7000 and past 7100 in the past , tonight it seems fairly quite across the lower half and above of 40M ,

Of course we all know it's been going on for like 20 years ..

https://www.4shared.com/mp3/dO_B0Svhiq/Racket.html

9. WG7X

WG7X Platinum Subscriber Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

^^^^
    THIS!
    I remember talking with on of you Aussies about two or three decades ago about the problem with "pirate" stations in Indonesia, the Philippines and SE Asia in general.

Isn't it funny (sad) how most governments seem to believe that more legislation will corral all those scofflaws and make them magically overnight into law abiding citizens?

10. VK4GAP

VK4GAP Ham Member QRZ Page

@ Gary WG7X , it has been around some time for sure as i only go back to the 80's starting as a SWL 1st .

Around 2 years ago at it's peak imo there was a no callsign transmission/s every 5KHz and up to the mostly used 150KHz or so which you guys like using areas over there (at night here of course) , heaps of over the top of each other also which i still can't figure out why .

A few times i have heard a few of the local hams there telling them (i assume) to cease , i say assume as i do not know the language but when the local hams fired up with a callsign and words the racket mob disappeared and stopped and after a bit of vfo spinning they sort of congregated just below 7000 , they sure did shift quick so it might have been some important people over there , a few times the local hams (ie:several) completely cleared nearly all of the lower half of 40m , i followed them around listening! , they always came back when it was safe? to do so though .

A tough job .